Blood Tests

Stef

Mummy to Olivia & PG #2
Reaction score
After receiveing the letter about the unknown Hb levels they found in the results of Olivias heel prick we have the follow on blood tests today so that they can look into what it is and the cause.

Im so nervous as to how olivia is going to be, I hope it dosent unsettle her too much. her injections were one thing... im soooo queezy its silly. lol

Im unsure of when we will receive the results but im anxious to know if this is going to affect Olivia having children and if Chris and I was to have another child if they would be affected.

x

good luck, hun :hugs:

keep us informed :hi:

we still couldn't talk to this nurse and didn't get our bloods tested :baby:

but atm, I will not get pregnant ;) so we still have time to do this later...

So when we got to the doctors they said the have now deceided not to follow it up. Im really confused by them changing their minds to be honest.

The doctor advised that he was happy that she was a healthy active baby and dosent show any symptoms of blue lips, or lifelessness (floppyness) so he has deceided that its nothing to worry about and unless she suddenly develops these symptoms he is extremely happy with her health.

As I said im really confused why they have made this choice, I dont know if im even happy ith the choice made, I'm happy tha Olivia hasnt had to have bloods taken at such a young age, but I did want to know if the condition (what ever it is) would be passed on to the next child if we had one... Or even Olivias children when she is older

I think i'd of liked to have another child, Chris and I hadnt discussed it in very much detail as if we did then I wouldnt want one now, but now we are in the dark im not so sure I would ever want to take the risk. I feel quite upset about that factor. :(

x

I don't expect, we will get a blood test on NHS, I think we have to do this private, if we want to?

but, our case is different, as we know it's c trait and obviously coming from OH, as 1 out of 6 ghanaean people are carriers of it!

but in your case they said it's a unknown form, isn't it???

I only can explain, what I know:

everybody has two copies of HB

both parents are passing on one of their copies to the baby

if only one side of you have an abnormal HB, nothing can happen to your baby, as there is a chance of 1:2 chance it will inherit a copy of the abnormal HB, but will only be a carrier as it is only one abnormal copy

if both of you have an abnormal HB, the baby can be disabled, as there is a 1:4 chance, baby will inherit two copies of abnormal HB

for your baby itsself, it is important she is aware of the fact she is a carrier of an abnormal HB as there the same rule applies

in case she has a partner with an abnormal HB it can result in they are having a disabled child

hope that make sense?

yeah it makes sense.

Thanks hun :hugs:

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe