Blood type?

popps12

Reaction score
Hey girls, I was just curious to know, do you find out your babies blood type at birth automatically, or do you have to ask, was just wondering because my mum never knew mine and neither did OH's mum

X

i dont think you can find out, dont quote me on that though, i only found mine out when pregnant with dd and i dont know what hers is. all i know is they tend to say u have the same as your dad, which in my case is true.

Unless you ask you won't find out.
I know my three all have reh pos blood as I am neg and always need the anti D.

There is no need to really know as doctors in an emergency situation would always test for compatibility.

As you said u have the same as your dad. Haha i do too :)
im A+ my mum never knew what i was until i got my 8week pregnant full blood test last week.
OH doesnt know what he is so i wonder if bubs will have my rare A+ or OH type blood?

If you were like O- they would have to check LOs blood when they are born or something so that your blood and their blood doesnt mix or sothing cos a + & - make a + im pretty sure..?

Hm makes me wonder about that now... Haha.

they would write it down on the babies hospital birth record

You'll find yours out as they need to knew when you're pregnant. I don't know my LO yet though. :flower:

As you said u have the same as your dad. Haha i do too :)
im A+ my mum never knew what i was until i got my 8week pregnant full blood test last week.
OH doesnt know what he is so i wonder if bubs will have my rare A+ or OH type blood?

If you were like O- they would have to check LOs blood when they are born or something so that your blood and their blood doesnt mix or sothing cos a + & - make a + im pretty sure..?

Hm makes me wonder about that now... Haha.

i dont know LO's i *think* im O+ but not 100% on that

So i will basically only find out if I ask, that's cool I was just curious haha x

No they dont automatically tell you anymore, I dont think they evan test for babies blood type as soon as they are born unless you have rhesus neg blood and your partner doesnt.

I only found out what my sons blood type is as i am rhesus o neg so they had to test to see if i needed the afterbirth shot.

I have the blood type O Rhesus Negative, so I have to find out the baby's blood type at birth. If she's my oh's blood type, then I need another anti-D injecion. Otherwise, I don't know if you can find out their blood type, sorry!

Urg it took me like a week of research to even begin to figure out how blood types work xD I am going to ask to see LO's chart though, and I'm sure they would tell you if you ask.

I am O+ and I believe OH is A+ so he will most likely be A+ because I am O. if I was B+ then he would most likely be AB+ with a 25% chance of being A+ and 25% of O+
He would end up O+ IF one of OH's parents was also O+ and he got the other A+ gene.
It's all kind of confusing on how it works, I found a website...I'll see if I can find it again. Anyway, I'd just ask. :)

I actually have no idea what my LO's blood type is...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->