blood types! question.

megrenade

Reaction score
mother: B+
father: O-

midwife says I am AB+

is that possible? :shrug:

I'd like them to have my information correct in case I ever have to have a blood transfusion! haha.

Have a look here:
https://www.canadiancrc.com/Paternity_determination_blood_type.aspx

HTH x

well unless my dad isn't my real dad.. I should be O+ like my mom says! I'd hate to have a blood transfusion and get the wrong blood.

I'm having my blood re-tested the next time I go in.. thank goodness!

You can be B+, B-, O+ or O- but you cannot be AB as none of your parents carry the A In their blood. xx

You can be B+, B-, O+ or O- but you cannot be AB as none of your parents carry the A In their blood. xx

yeah, that's what I was thinking.. ugh. that kind of information needs to be accurate.. kind of bothers me.. wondering what other mistakes they've made.

I've no idea. All I know is I'm rh positive lol x

Im AB+, my mum is A+ and was convinced that my dad is O+ until i found out my blood type, now shes not sure but next time i speak to my dad i have to ask him. Are you sure your dad is O-, has he been told he is O- or is that just what he thinks? x

Im AB+, my mum is A+ and was convinced that my dad is O+ until i found out my blood type, now shes not sure but next time i speak to my dad i have to ask him. Are you sure your dad is O-, has he been told he is O- or is that just what he thinks? x

he's most definitely O-

Hopefully with the retest you'll get some answers.
I'm O positive, my parents are A and O.

It is possible. I'm B+ and my OH is A+ but our eldest is O+. This is because both me and OH have O as a recessive gene from our parents or grandparents (my dad is O+)

I'm so happy to find that I can put some input as I dominated this subject in HS bio LOL. It is actually not possible. If one was B+ that means they are either BB or BO. If one is O-, the only thing they could be is OO

B O
O BO OO
O BO OO

*That means the person has a 50% chance of being B and 50% chance of being O

B B
O BO BO
O BO BO

* That means a person has a 100% chance of being B

There is no way for it to be AB.
You get one from your mother and one from your father so in order to get an A in the mix, either your mother or father would have to have A such as AO, AA, or AB and since neither do, it just isn't possible. I would talk to your doctor about retesting you or talk to your parents to make sure you got the right blood types. :)

yeah its possible because you carry regressive genes as well as dominant, its easier to understand as a diagram, its less likely as both parents would have to carry the regressive gene.

No idea what my parents are, but my Ohs mum is O+, his dad B- and he is O- as well as most of his siblings. so the most likely combination for my OH would have been B+ and but his mum must carry the rhesus - factor too, so it can pass on.

Im useless at explaining, sorry, my genetics is very rusty ... it was a long time ago lol!

Haha I have a terrible mind, when i first read this I was thinking "ruh roh! how scandalous!" :haha: it's most likely just a mix up.

Also eternal - from what i remember from biology (my favorite class) blood typing can't have a recessive gene, as in if mom is B and dad is O baby cannot have A or AB because neither parent has A. It doesn't work like eye color, hair color or other genetic things, it's direct from parents. But thats as far as I recall..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->