Bloodwork results, trying again for anyone's input?

WantsALittle1

Reaction score
I made a post about this last week but got no responses, so thought I would try again. Had a blood draw last week because I've had two CPs in three months while TTC #3. My NP won't be calling me back until Wednesday so I'm left trying to figure this out on my own right now.

The results below are in the normal range according to the lab that did my blood draw, but after Googling, the story seems a bit more bleak. I'm 33 and conceived DS (20 mo) and DD (3 yo) with no problems. Can anyone tell me if the levels below are normal for CD 6? Mine and my NP's primary concern is that I may be perimenopausal, as my mom was at age 32.

FSH: 8
AMH: 1.23
Progesterone: 0.31

Sorry, I have no idea but these sorts of numbers but wanted to wish you luck with getting answers. I hope someone in the know will post soon.

I made a post about this last week but got no responses, so thought I would try again. Had a blood draw last week because I've had two CPs in three months while TTC #3. My NP won't be calling me back until Wednesday so I'm left trying to figure this out on my own right now.

The results below are in the normal range according to the lab that did my blood draw, but after Googling, the story seems a bit more bleak. I'm 33 and conceived DS (20 mo) and DD (3 yo) with no problems. Can anyone tell me if the levels below are normal for CD 6? Mine and my NP's primary concern is that I may be perimenopausal, as my mom was at age 32.

FSH: 8
AMH: 1.23
Progesterone: 0.31
Could always join a ivf/infertility ttc forum. They def will know more about these numbers and some forums have an ask the RE. Kup

The following measurement is for progesterone (i honestly don't know about the others). These are measured in nmol/L. Cycle day 6 would be in the follicular phase. So it looks like for cycle day 6 it would be low. But it should be checked 7 days after O to see if it rose appropriately. If it doesn't rise above 10 they usually say you didn't O. The higher the number the better as it means your lining is thick to hold the baby.

(Less than 3.8) Prepubertal
(0.6 - 4.7) Follicular
(2.4 - 9.4) Midcycle
(5.3 - 86.0) Luteal
(0.3 - 2.5) Postmenopausal

ajr tried to find the right one but the only ones I saw on BnB were LTTTC which I didn't think I qualified for because it's only been 4 months, and assisted conception, which was an IVF/IUI support community, wasn't sure where I fit in :(

Just an update: NP called yesterday and she said the test results are normal, and that she has no concerns about us conceiving naturally in a reasonable amount of time. She said that my AMH is considered low normal, as is my progesterone, but they still technically are within the normal bounds. She wants me to start progesterone supplements at 3 DPO to give my LP a little kick and hopefully get our next little bean to stick.

Just wanted to fill you all in! Thx

Would love to follow how you get on, i have a similar story, i have ds1(8yo), ds2(2yo), had a chemical last sept but wasnt ttc.....started ttc in july, 1st cycle bfn, 2nd cycle another chem, im 7dpo on my 3rd cycle now. Went for bloods to check progesterone this morn-doc is also checking fsh etc but mainly interested in progesterone and has told me that if i get a bfp before he has results he'll start me on progesterone straightaway (afraid this will still be too late as ill prob b 9/10 dpo by then and its falling at the weekend too so how will i even get prescription??). Obviously if my results show its low he'll give it earlier next cycle.
Surely if you're ovulating its a good sign you're not perimenopausal- i have no idea tbh but i hope it goes well.

Also-fsh which is a really accurate indicator for how good your egg reserve is really supposed to be done between cd2and4,ideally 3 so i would make sure to get it done then if i were you or your results arent reliable...as far as i know fsh is more of an issue for people with issues ovulating but if you've conceived 2/3 times recently it may not be a problem for you...anything under 10 is good (i read today-for fsh @day 3)

Thanks sdc, I am ovulating very regularly so I think that's why she wasn't concerned about the numbers.

Is there any way you call your doc back and just tell him you're worried about another loss? From what I've read and from what my NP said, progesterone supplementation usually starts around 3 DPO to make sure the lining is thick enough when the egg reaches it. I agree with you that 8-9 DPO would likely be too late. I'm perplexed as to why he said that. My NP said I could start the prog at 3 DPO if the results weren't back so I don't think it's unreasonable to ask him, just my two cents!

Yes if the bloods result is low he'll have me on progesterone from 3dpo in future cycles but since we dont know if its low and we dont know if im preg he's holding off. If i get a bfp this cycle he'll let me start then even without my progesterone results. Judt bought frers i had a bfn on a cheap test this morn but if theres gonna b bfp this cycle id love to see it tomorrow morn so i could get my progesterone before doctors closes for the weekend.he did hcg blood test yesterday too, ill get that result tomorrow although at 7dpo im doubtful it can tell me?

There could definitely be something in bloodwork at 7 DPO (if you implanted at 6 DPO), but it would likely be <5 (still doesn't mean you're not pregnant though).

Still a little confused--my understanding is that progesterone is not harmful during the early stages of pregnancy, so I still don't understand why he doesn't call that prescription in immediately. My NP said ideally, the progesterone is already high (lining nice and thick) by implantation window so that when the blasto implants, the chemistry is correct for it. She said that if I get pregnant, I will remain on progesterone until 9 weeks, so my perception is that it's safe for pregnancy. She said if I'm not pregnant, I'll need to stop the progesterone around 10 DPO to allow my period to come. So my perception was also that it's safe if not pregnant, as long as the dosage is tapered down to zero at a certain DPO to allow AF to come.

My doc doesnt seem very well up on it- he said it could mess up my cycle and delay af and that that could throw me off for next month- he does agree its safe which is why he'd start me at 3 next month if it is in fact low but he doesnt want to give me it now if its already high as he says this could delay af by weeks and give me symptoms which is annoying when actively ttc...still i agree with you id rather b safe than sorry

He is right that it will delay AF but that's why they say to taper the dosage down to zero starting at about 10 DPO. Even being on it from 6-10 DPO could help little bean implant successfully long enough for you to get a solid BFP. Oh well, I do hope you get your BFP today or tomorrow and can start the progesterone ASAP. Fingers super crossed for you!!!!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->