Bloody show after cervical check?

lunarsea

Mother & Expecting No. 2!
Reaction score
I know that spotting and some bleeding is normal after a cervical check, but I've never had blood-tinged mucus come out after one before today.
I'm 2 cm (not sure how effaced, doctor never says) and the baby's head is "really low".
Maybe this is just wishful thinking that somehow this little one will surprise me and come before my induction date (10/12), but, thoughts, ladies?
I don't want to get my hopes up because I know it's probably just from the cervical check but, thought I'd ask if anyone has had a similar experience.

I wanna say I had quite a bit of mucous after one of my checks, I think it was either 37 or 38 weeks..

Yeah, I figured its normal, but its just never happened, but then again, I've never had an exam while dilated and not already in labor.

Yeah I wiped brown for about a day after, and it was mucousy and gross.

Well, it was like, pink and red bits of mucus followed by brown, but since I've had no signs other than the cramping I've become so accustomed to these past two weeks, I'm still 100% sure it was the exam.

I'm experiencing the same thing. I had a cervical check yesterday and prob around 2am I started cramping/contracting. A bit more than I have been. And this morning I had bits of bloody show. I didn't have any of this happen at my cervical check at 37 weeks but this week at 40 weeks was dif. So I'm hopeful that maybe it moved things a lot a but because I wasn't dilated at all during my appt. So I know how you feel. Let's be hopeful together that some progress is being made.

Definitely! Hope its soon for us :)

I had a ton after my check today. I lost the biggest chunk of my plug three weeks ago. I think the mucus may be the leftovers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->