Bloody show after sweep(TMI?)

dolly5x3

Reaction score
I’m 39 weeks and 2 days and I’m already 3 cm dilated. I had a sweep done yesterday at my prenatal appointment around 10:00 am. Starting last night I started having a lot of cramping and pressure in my lower belly. I also started losing a lot of my mucous plug with blood in it. About 4 times since last night I’ve noticed more come out when I would use the bathroom. I’ve had a few contractions here and there but nothing consistent. Could this be the start of labor? Or am I only experiencing this because of the sweep? I have an induction scheduled next week Wednesday on my due date because I’m considered high risk because of a blood clotting disorder I have. I would prefer to go into labor on my own though.

Sounds like things are heading in the right direction!

I had a show few hours after having a second sweep with DD1 started similar to how you describe ! I was on my birthing ball to try and help things along ! I would use one if you have one or keep walking around !

Good luck

Def use a birthing ball if you have one. It sounds like labor is def approaching.

It does sound like you are getting close! I lost my plug the night before I had my daughter and used a ball to bounce on as much as possible. I think they help!!

Just wondering how it feels to have a sweep for those of you who’ve had it before? My doctor talked about starting to have it done during my appointment for next week (38 weeks) but I’m a little concerned about if it will hurt or how it feels... People around me have said not to get it done and to just let her come naturally at her own time but I also don’t want to go past my due date, currently sick of being pregnant..

It can be uncomfortable when it’s getting done but only takes a few seconds . I had two with DD1 at 40 and 41 weeks. She was born 41+2 .Not sure if the second one started things off .

DD2 I had one at 39 weeks . She was born at 39+2 After having them done I had period type pains and a bit of a bloody show/lost mucus plug !
I’m hoping to get a sweep at 38 weeks this time around due to SPD and not wanting to go over !

If baby is in a good position and ready to be born it may work . Sometimes they do and sometimes they don’t! Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->