Bloody show....much longer to wait?

MrsC10

Mummy
Reaction score
I had a sweep 2 days ago which didn't really do anything despite my best efforts.

Took myself out a walk today and came home to find a decent amount of brown streaked 'show' in my underwear. What are the chances that things will kick off soon?

Well I had loads of bloody show sunday evening and been having it for the past few days with lots of cramping but it gets strong then just stops! Don't know what my body is doing! After my show with my other 2 children I had them the next day! X

Thanks for the reply. I didn't get a show with my last pregnancy. All I seem to have developed since it started is bad wind :blush: :haha:

Oooh that's great! Seeing as you're overdue I'd say it's a great sign things may happen...hopefully tomorrow?!!! I've had no show boohooo :haha:

From what I have read it really varies, but hopefully it means things will get going soon since you're almost at 41 weeks already.

Oooh that's great! Seeing as you're overdue I'd say it's a great sign things may happen...hopefully tomorrow?!!! I've had no show boohooo :haha:

Fingers crossed things happen for you. I didn't get a show with my first, but....she didn't engage or anything. She made no effort to evict herself. She's still just as st born now :haha:

From what I have read it really varies, but hopefully it means things will get going soon since you're almost at 41 weeks already.

I've read mixed results too. I think I'm just holding on to that glimmer of hope that this time round things will happen on their own and I won't need to go through being induced like last time xx :coffee:

I've read mixed results too. I think I'm just holding on to that glimmer of hope that this time round things will happen on their own and I won't need to go through being induced like last time xx :coffee:

I feel you on this! ALL my kids have had to be coaxed out. For this reason, I have no clue about bloody show since I've never had it. My kids did nothing -- NOTHING -- on their own. Like you, I'm hoping this one will make an effort. I'm only 39 weeks, so not where you are yet, but none of my babes have made an appearance before 41 weeks. One was 16 freakin' days overdue! (And massive.) NEVER again.

I really really really want to avoid induction but I think I need to accept it's gonna happen! The bad cramps today and lower backache had me hopeful that tomorrow could be the day but I don't wanna get my hopes up. Why are babies so lazy :haha:

Just remember all the prelabor is doing something (thinning and dilating your cervix) I had a tonne of pre labor with my second and I was 5cm and 100% before I even went into labor and the my 3rd I was 3cm and 75% effaced at 37 weeks before I was induced due to complications so try and think of it as a good thing rather than a disappointing thing and that your body is doing half of the hard work before labor even starts :)

I had a sweep today at 39 weeks after a little blood earlier. Sweeping has worked with 1 of 3 of my kids in the past, and worked with 24 hours. I can't say I'm extremely hopeful, but I guess I just wait and see.

I feel you on the waiting. I can distract myself and keep busy most of the time, and since this is #4, and almost definitely my last, I don't want to wish away any part of my pregnancy, but I also want to meet my wee pooka SO badly.

Can't win for losing!

Ugh! False alarms suck!

Yesterday I had BH's that got closer together and more intense until they were eventually 7 minutes apart and quite uncomfortable. They continued overnight, but had died away come morning and I was just achy and uncomfortable again, but I still didn't feel right.
We went the weekly food shop and by the end of it I was really struggling. Back ache, feeling nauseous, pains and tightenings. I was almost doubled over at the tills. I thought I was going to pass out!

Went for a nap at the same time as DD and was woken with stomach cramps. Ran to the toilet where I had a very upset stomach and some more 'show'. Since then?......nothing. I feel fine now. So disheartening.

I think I'll need to get OH on board tonight to DTD and see if that gets things moving. I really want to avoid another induction!

I’ve been reading that “midwives brew” works pretty well for inducing naturally. You can google the recipe. Gluck!!

I’ve been reading that “midwives brew” works pretty well for inducing naturally. You can google the recipe. Gluck!!

Ive looked this up, but I'm a bit wary of using castor oil. I'm up for trying almost anything to help things along but castor oil has so much controversy around it, I'm very wary of attempting to use it.....

Yeah, I have been advised against castor oil by my OB and my midwives (when I used them). I suppose I could understand 'risking it' in an era where medical intervention was limited, but these days, you know they will get that baby out one way or another, so I don't think desperate measures are needed.

That's what I'm thinking too.

I've got the midwife tomorrow who is going to perform another sweep. I plan to go a long walk after that and see if I can get anything to happen. If not, I'll get my waters broken on Thursday and that'll just be how things are.

Thanks. Hopefully this time something will happen

Good luck for your sweep tomorrow. Hope it gets things moving properly xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"