Bloody show question?

coquis224

Reaction score
Obviously I've already had my baby but I had a question. How much bloody show did you get? I thought I felt a gush at 4 in the morning the same day I had the baby but I thought that I had dreamed it since I didn't feel anything so I went back to bed. at 6 I woke up having to pee and had blood running down my legs with several big clots when I went to the toilet. I went to the hospital and was 4 cm but my membranes were intact. I was upset and crying thinking that the umbilical cord exploded or something horrible happened.

The doctor said this was normal????I've had 7 kids and this was the only one that happened to.

The baby ended up having to be delivered via vaccumm due to not dropping down and her heart rate kept dropping . (dr pumpled me full of pitocin)

Were your experiences of bloody show different or similar?

I had a sweep and later in the day there was just a tiny bit of stringy mucus. I was happy that it was a start but that's all there was for me. My water broke an hour or so later and I was in full blown labor.

I would say it was several wipes of bright red blood like a heavy period day, maybe made the toilet water red, but no more after that. My waters went first and this was maybe 30 minutes after that as I was sat on the toilet and contractions started up after that. It's possible maybe you had a hematoma? Heavy bleeding in labour can be a sign something is wrong, but not necessarily. I had really heavy bleeding in pregnancy, when I was about 10 weeks, much like you describe, minus the clots. I was standing up getting out of the shower and looked down and there was literally blood gushing down my legs. No idea what it was, but a hematoma was one suggestion, though they found no evidence of it on a scan. It never happened again and I had a perfectly normal healthy pregnancy and easy natural birth. Sometimes these things do just happen and they don't necessarily mean anything.

I guess it was just really weird and scared me to death

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->