BLW Question

maccy

Mum of 2 Gorgeous Girls
Reaction score
I am hoping to do it and have been following the thread, but I have a question.

My LO is 4 months and just on formula, she is fully satisfied with it and so I have no reason to start weaning, however she constantly puts things in her mouth....anything she grabs really, her co-ordination is not spot on but she does it, she's very strong and nearly sitting unaided too. So my question is, can I give her foods to play with like banana etc but then I worry incase she bites off a big bit....or is it way too young just wondering really.:shrug: Thanks

I started giving Ruby the odd bit of food to play with last week, so at 5 months. She's only eaten a tiny piece of broccoli so far.
At 4 months her hand/eye co-ordination was still poor and to be honest, that was before I had decided to do BLW so didn't even think about giving food to play with. Sorry I'm not much help am I.
It's highly unlikely a baby would swallow a finger food at 4 months from what I understand.

i would give her a toy to mouth personally and then in a few weeks give her a spoon to play with then, its unlikley she's doing it through just going through the learning notion of playing xx

Yeah, I think I'd wait until 5 months before letting her play with food personally, she'll enjoy putting anything and everything into her mouth before then anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->