BLW - so confused!!!

M

momi

I started LO on pureed foods slightly before he turned 6 months old. But a few days back we tried giving him some sweet potato wedges and he actually fed himself! So we've been giving him a few finger foods to gnaw on like apricot halves and green beans and he has done well enough for us to consider doing exclusively BLW.

I have a ton of questions though - Where do we go from here? How long do we keep doing finger foods? When does he switch to table foods? Is he old enough to try oatmeal fingers? Can I make them with cow milk?

Also, any Indians out there doing BLW? How did that work for you?

Thanks for any help! I need it!

You could kind do a mix? We started totally blw but we now spoon feed breakfast as she's really hungry in a morning even after her bottle and was getting frustrated trying to eat finger foods. For lunch she normally has some kind of bread (sandwhich, toast, pitta etc) with a topping, some soft fruit cut into fingers, peices of cheese, some organix snacks etc. She doesnt always eat lunch as she's often asleep at this time. For dinner it depends what were having, if its say a chicken dinner, id give it her on her tray to eat as finger food. If it was spagetti bolognase I would give her garlic bread to be eating and help pre load spoons for her to do herself. Weve been doing it just over a month now and she's getting really good at it. I dont think it will be too long till she can feed herself with a spoon, she gan get it in her mouth but just dips it in the bowl rather than scooping it up. As he's 6 months he can have everything except honey and whole nuts and you can make things with cows milk, they just cant have it as a drink.

We did BLW and plan to again. Just take the salt out of your own meals and give them a portion to play with. For the first few weeks we just threw a few extra steamed veg his way, too. So a typical meal at 6 months for DS1 was noodles, chicken, broccoli, courgette and carrot. If you can get a copy of the BLW cookbook by Gill Rapley, there are some good meal ideas for the whole family. I never saw the point of feeding a baby that can feed themselves. They've got milk if they're hungry, they're just learning how to eat for now. BLW is fab :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->