Bodies pp

LDC

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was just wondering how we all feel about our bodies pp?

I always said right from the off, that I wasn't bothered about losing my baby weight right away and that there were more important things to think about and do.

I have been quite lucky, I think, I put on three stone during my pregnancy, all baby and the weight went straight to bump, boobs and a little on the thighs. Within a couple of weeks I was back in my pre pregnancy clothes, although I'm aware that my body shape has changed.

I still have about 10lbs to lose before I'm back to my previous weight, although I think some of this is affected by breast feeding?

I've started going to zumba and am starting slimming world next week (Los jabs are tomorrow when the meeting is and I didn't want to miss the first week weigh in!)

My oh has been really supportive, but I just feel really self conscious. My stomach is a little wrinkled and I have a bigger belly than I did. One side is telling me that I don't care, I am blessed with a healthy baby and my weight gain isn't really bad but the other half is saying "drop down and give me 20!"

I feel better now I'm doing exercise (which I never did before I was pregnant) and I have a bit of a 'fear' that if I don't lose the weight before we ttc again then it will be even harder to lose and ill be bigger. Maybe it's because I felt body confident before.

We had friends round the other day and our friend was saying she feels conscious, her husband said that he likes her stomach because its carried his children and he is proud of her for that, which I think is lovely.

I feel like my baby is worth the sacrifice for a "perfect" body but I think I just sometimes forget that's how I really feel when I see my jelly belly in the mirror! My mum was also very self conscious of her body (she was a size uk 10-12, I'm a 10), when she got terminally ill her weight fell off, she weighed around 6-7 stone when she passed and her bones were visible. I keep remembering how I felt after she passed in terms of how she always wanted to lose weight and that there is so much more to life than fretting about weight.

I'm not sure if I have an overall point to this thread! I guess I was just interested in opinions and if anyone has embraced their new body rather than hating on it?

I think as women we'll never be happy with our bodies :dohh: I blame the media!

X

I feel fat wrinkly and damaged(from all of the stretch marks I even have them on my arms and legs!) my boobs are sagging and flat and overall I just hurt like crazy! I jiggle everywhere and my body is so different from what it was 10 pounds less prepregnancy!

I may be the only one saying this but I love my post baby body :) I'm the sort of girl who's always been confident about my appearance so I would say my point of view just never changed ;)

I put on 21lbs with my baby and all the weight was off by 5 weeks post baby. Once I got the ok from my doctor, I started exercising slowly and then really picked it up. Right now I exercise 5-6 times a day and have never been happier with my body shape and how strong it has become.

The only thing I miss are my old boobs, lol! I used to have nice 32DD's before baby but I'm now a 32F :( It's so hard to find bras for this size ughhhhh! If my boobs don't go back to original I shall get a reduction.

I only gained about 25 pounds with pregnancy and lost all the weight and was back in my size 0s the week after giving birth. However i am still ver conscious that my stomach is not as firm anymore and folds over when i sit down. I hate it and hate that i more self conscious around my dh. Before i would flaunt my nudity but not so much anymore :(

I absolutely hate my pp body. I was overweight before I got pregnant, but I wasn't fat...just thick. But now I feel straight up fat. Buying clothes is hell. I was a comfortable size 12 (US) before, and now I'm plus size 16. I would be able to fit into regular size 16 if it weren't for my tummy- I can't even come close to buttoning those pants! So now when I wear the plus size 16, the waist fits but the legs are all baggy. Ugh. I wish I could magically go back to being a size 12. I was so happy at that size!

Edit: I just read the posts above mine...sheesh I would kill to be a size 0, or only be 10 lbs heavier than I was pre-pregnancy. I have 50 lbs to go to get there! No offense, but you mommas have it easier than you think.

I'm generally pretty happy with my body now. I have a bit of extra skin on my belly and my body shape has definitely changed. I've lost all my baby weight plus some (I'm 9lbs less than pre-pregnancy) and in smaller clothes. I do have lots of stretch marks that make me pretty unhappy, but they are fading. For the first 2 months pp, my boobs were purple from the stretchies, but they have faded and look normal now. Just waiting on my belly and thighs to hopefully do the same!

I also have a scar from my c-section but don't mind that at all. :flower:

I absolutely hate my pp body. My boobs are too big and not as lifted as they were before, none of my bras fit so I've been wearing sports bras, still wearing maternity pants which is probably a big no no, I gave up 2 weeks ago and am slowly trying to find my motivation to start eating healthy again. My stretch marks are still gross and I jiggle EVERYWHERE!!! Not ready for summer at all.

I gained probably about 25kg when pregnant - heaps! Way more than I should have, but I gorged myself, so it's no surprise, haha. However I am 5'9" and I was slim pre pregnancy so I think the weight looked less than it did due to my height. Now, 5 months pp, I have lost the majority of it. I don't know how much I weigh now as I have not once weighed myself after having my baby. I do know that my pre preg jeans still don't fit, so I probably have about 5-7 kg to lose to fit them. I wasn't bothered about it as it was slowly coming off but I think I've plateaued now, so I'm trying to start exercising and watching what I eat. People keep saying to me that I've lost all the pregnancy weight, but I know I haven't. Think, again, it's because I'm so tall, it means the weight has more body room to spread out that it just looks that way! I think once I've exercised for a few weeks I'll feel a lot better as its not so much the fact that I don't fit my pre preg pants that bothers me, it's just that I'm so untoned. And winter is coming here in NZ and I don't want to have to buy new jeans!!

I've gotta say, I'm pretty happy. I've always been quite slim without doing much in the way of diet or exercise (I mean, I do eat healthily and am fairly active, but I don't *try* to do anything special). I was 36 when I got pregnant and fully expected to have a hard time losing the weight afterwards due to my age, but to my surprise, it just came off.

I put on about 35 pounds with pregnancy, and I can't remember when it disappeared – sometime within the first three or four months – but at seven months PP, I'm now definitely lighter than pre-preg. Probably around 120-125 pounds at 5'8"? My shape is a bit different - my waist is slightly wider and my legs are skinnier for some reason, and my boobs are bigger (gone from a small C to a pretty full D).

I haven't put too much effort into getting very toned as we're TTC again and it seems like a bit of a waste! I do yoga and I haul around a 21-pound baby every day; that'll do.

God, I loved being pregnant though. It was the first time I totally let go of thinking of my body in terms of sexual attractiveness. Being pregnant was a totally different role as a woman and I felt absolutely beautiful the whole time. (The 'glow' helped!) I can't wait to be pregnant again.

I'm happy with my body now, and dreading getting pregnant again. It's going to be twice as hard to get back into shape after the second pregnancy but I'll just take it as it comes.

I gained just over 20 kilos and lost about 15 kilos in roughly two weeks. I'm now 6 months pp and I have 2 kilos to go. I had a cc so have. Scar which doesn't bother me I just hate the belly shelf and wrinkly ness of it. And my belly button looks like a cats bum yuk!. but I love my boobs. Breastfeeding has served them well haha, was a b cup now almost a d cup. Only prob is I don't fit any of my old bras. Hope they go down when I stop breastfeeding. I'm proud of my body for growing a healthy 10 pound 3 bouncing baby boy. All u ladies should look at your bodies at the story they tell coz pregnancy is an amazing thing :)

Im lovin the PP body so far! Ive been dropping weight fast , 65 lbs since LO was born, nd its still coming off. i have a csection scar, but ive got bigger scars all over the place-so i dont mind. Adds to the tapestry lol

I dropped my weight very quickly and I'm below my pre-pregnancy weight by 2kg (I'm now 59kg). However I hate my body - I had picture perfect C sized boobies before having a baby and now they sag and are close to a DD. The rest of me I'm ok with. Plenty of stretch marks but they're fading. My belly has loose skin which I want gone but I'm not too hung up on that. Thankfully I have a DH that loves my "new" body and frequently tells me I'm sexy.

It's just the boobs. I miss my old ones so much :(

I'm happy with my body for the most part. I didn't have problems losing the pregnancy weight. I had flaws (poochy tummy and big thighs) before and I have the same flaws now. I still have my awesome arms, cute feet and pretty hair. I still have my muscles, though you can't see them quite as well now :haha: The only thing pregnancy has really changed is my boobs. They are bigger and saggy now whereas they were small and perky before.

My body was wrecked before pregnancy. I have had 6 surgeries before my unplanned C section (Pre e) and also I used to be terribly overweight. I don't look any different than I did pre pregnancy really, just have 20 some odd more pounds on me, and that is no big deal at all coming from the weight I was 5 years before LO. I'm about as happy with things as I was before. I would still like to have some spare skin removed someday, but that is an issue from previous weight loss, not the baby.

Totally off topic, but Peggy O i always see your signature and your little girl is so adorable!

I am fine with my body. I gained 25 pounds with my pregnancy and lost it all within 2 weeks.

My body looks very similar to what it did before pregnancy and I gave birth 3 weeks ago. I find that I actually care a hell of a lot less about what my body looks like than I did before. I was often quite self conscious of how I looked but now I am much more blasé. I do have bigger boobs but they are still rather perky. I have a few stretchmarks and extra skin on my belly, but I still look fine. :p

I'm really happy with my body. Objectively, I can see it's not as er... pert as it was pre babies, but I'm far less self conscious about it than I was then. I just don't think about it that much. I've got huge respect for how it made and sustains my children, and somehow that puts short legs and a wobbly tum into perspective.

I'm really happy with my body. Objectively, I can see it's not as er... pert as it was pre babies, but I'm far less self conscious about it than I was then. I just don't think about it that much. I've got huge respect for how it made and sustains my children, and somehow that puts short legs and a wobbly tum into perspective.

So true. Thank you. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"