body after pregnancy

Reaction score
will my body EVER be able to go back to normal after the pregnancy? like will the stretch marks disappear eventually and is it possible to get a completly flat stomach again if i worked at it, even if it's not for 5 years?? ive always had a flat stomach and i dont know why but im starting to panic that it will never go that way again..

This is my first, so I can't talk from personal experience but I can tell you from all the friends that have given birth around me.

Most of them, if not all, look better than before - mainly because they where very committed into getting back to shape. My best friend gave birth 2 months ago and she is looking beautiful and slim. Her belly is flat even if she thinks it isn't and to be very honest, the only new thing I saw on her was just a bit more cellulite that is definitely going away.

I think hat - especially if you had a toned belly before - a bit of exercise and right diet will have you looking great.

It depends on things like age, health etc. your saggy belly is not about muscle tone but stretched skin, it may not totally go back to the way it was. But that's ok, see it as proof that you carried and nurtured your beautiful child.

I feel like mine will never go back- but it really does depend, like marley said on your body x x

I only gave birth 2 weeks ago but Im suprised how well my belly went back to the way it was. I have a few stretchmarks but they're fading. I can't wait to get back into the gym though for my legs and arse, they're terrible. I tried my best not to completely pig out during my pregnancy though... just tried to eat really healthily and sensibly. Although I did slip up a few times!

I have to say, despite the slightly baggy stomach and stretchmarks, I wouldn't change them for the world now that I have my boy! He's worth everything. Im sure you'll feel the same in time :)

xxx

My mom is 32 and she finally worked off all of her baby weight and more. ALL of it! She's 5'4 and about 130 lbs, she's in tip top shape and her stretch marks are faded away now. Also her stomach is COMPLETELY flat and that's after 4 babies, so yes I'm thinking you can.

It's only been 4 weeks, but already my tummy has gone down a lot and my stretch marks are fading. I've only lost 1/2 of the weight I gained (25 lbs) but I'm not trying right now as I'm breastfeeding and the dr. told me to not exercise until I've quit bleeding. Like Linzi said, somehow when your LO is here, it makes it totally worth it!

It's my first so I've no personal experience to speak from but medically it's said it takes a year to fully recover from pregnancy/birth (not including stretch marks lol!). My sister would agree with this I think, she's had two.

Streatch marks will never go away, they may fade but will always be there if you get them.

I was thinking about the body thing this morning aswell.
I think it depends on your age and skin type.
I seen this lady the other day - she has a little girl who is one and a boy who is a little older and OMG she looks ammmaaazzzinng! Really amazing, u would never have though she had kids atall and she is only around 27ish. I thought to myself - surely i can get back to looking like that!!!! :cry:
I suppose it all depends on your eating, exercise and weight gain during pregnancy too

Shall just wait in hope that i go back to normal afterwards :rofl:

my mum is 43 and has had 6 kids and has a lush figure (except for boobs, she has none but thats what breastfeeding 6 kids does!!) she works hard at it tho and is so disciplined in what she eats and stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->