Body Joint Pain

WelshOneEmma

1 DD, 1 DS plus 2MC
Reaction score
Has anyone found since having LO that their joints are more painful? I understand it can happen in pregnancy due to the hormones but is it not meant to get better once they are born?

I've always had bad joints - hip pops, jaw occasionally, little things like that. I had really bad SPD in my pregnancy and the last month was on crutches. I have noticed since Millie was born that although the SPD has cleared I still have a lot of aching pains in my knees (left one in particular) and my right wrist is now so painful I am having to wear a support on it. Struggling to pick up Millie now with my right arm.

Also ever since she was born I have been having pain in my jaw on the right and always having earache with it. I think the straining of labour knocked it out of alignment slightly?

Has anyone had this and how long did it take to get better?

Its the relactin hormone that makes the joints soft and stretchy and it takes a year to go out of the system. I have chronic back pain and the physio told me while I was BF'ing my back would never get any better and it would take a year after stopping to settle down.

Also, the LOs get so heavy and before they are mobile they are putting all their weight on you when you are holding them which puts a lot more pressure on your body. Plus the fact you're doing a lot of heavy stuff like pushing a heavy buggy around and lugging it in and out of cars. Not to mention how brutal those car seats are on the joints.

Yes...wss re the relactin hormone....

You should start feeling better in a couple of months.

Im past a year now, my main one was hips and knees, my hips are perfectly fine now, if not better, they popped before i even got PG but now not so much - knees however are very sore feeling when climbing stairs, bloody evil, but it does gradually get better bab :)

thanks for the post! I had been wondering the same thing! My hands were hurting so bad! My back is sore, i snap crackle and pop more than ever now... Good to know its not all in my head!!

same, mostly in the left knee. I cant sleep with it straight so I have to sleep on my side

oh im super stiff too... i can't sleep in one position all night... i feel like a rotisserie

If it sticks around or gets worse though, see a doctor. I started having major joint pain, and it ended up being an autoimmune disease.

Weird!! I thought it was the new workout I've been doing, but maybe not! My knees have been killing me, especially the left. Thank goodness it's common, and I'm not just falling apart :D

I am a little over 12 months post partum and I ache so bad sometimes I wish I could just die my left hip hurts so bad and is stiff and getting worse and my back aches so bad constantly I have no insurance so I cant go to the doctor about it and I am just so lost. I feel ancient like 300 years old my wrist and arm and arches of feet stopped hurting months ago but my hips and back just hurt so bad its debilitating. I try to soldier through it but am unable to all the time. Anyone else as bad off as me??? sitting and resting it only makes it stiff, and walking on it only make it hurt worse.

Thats so weird I was just asking my mum about this today! I have really aching hands and fingers and sometimes struggle even to take lids of bottles and also my knees are so sore, especially going upstairs! I feel like an old lady lol glad to know it seems to be normal and I'm not old before my time!!

Oh my god yes! I'm at a year pp (tomorrow!) I had bad knees and suffered with my back before pregnancy. This all completely went during pregnancy, I felt great! But since having Ciara it's come back, plus achy ankles & wrists with it!! I put it down to carrying LO around x

Guess I won't be going back to pole class for a while then!

my right wrist is really bad, can barely lift the baby, so over compensating with left side which is now starting to hurt.

Bizarrely also having a lot of pain in my left hip and knee, so its one side on the bottom half and the other side on the top half!

Got a Dr's appointment Friday as well, just in case!

I soooo didnt know this, this explains everything back then :dohh:

I had SPD in both my pregnancies, very early onset but thankfully never worsened to the extent of needing crutches. Now is a different matter. When ds was 3m something just went in my left Si joint. GP was convinced it couldn't be preg related as it came on months later, but after x rays, bloods etc, they reckon I'm unlucky, pregnancies have weakened the joint and I've badly sprained the Si ligaments. They've said this could carry on until ds is well over a year. Meh.

I've had a few mates who's spd didn't shift for ages either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->