Boiling/heating call out package who are you with and advice?

topsy

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

After some advice for when we renew our boiler heating call out package, we are currently with n power home team 50 central heating care which includes annual boiler and safety service and unlimited call outs (haha!) parts and labor. Works out £17.50 a month-sound fab!

Well we called then yesterday around 4pm, the pilot light had gone out, and boiler making a funny noise and we had no hot water ( or heating not that we need it this time of year) they said an engineer would call back, 8pm no call, so Dh rang back and said engineer would call tomorrow, got to 2pm today no call we called again, they said they sent an email to the sub contractor in our area. 4pm no call, so DH rang again, and we were given the sub contractors phone number-office and mob-no answer on either and no answerphone, so DH rang back again and was told there are no sub contractor that works in our area at the weekend! So has to call N power tomorrow at 8am to make a complaint (as the complainants department had closed for today!), BUT the sub contractors office wont be open till 8.30 am mon morning-hardly emergency call out! So if they turned up at 9 am mon (very doubt full that would happen!) then that would be 75 (minimum) hours since we called without a working boiler!HELPFUL!

Told them we have a 18 month old and i am resisted disabled (mental health).

What I am worried is if the same thing happened in the winter we would have no heating eek! ( we have 2 fan heaters and an electric fire-but obviously its not idea).

We need to renew in Oct-and wont be going with N power again-so girls who are you with and how much do you pay? Do you get a better service ( I hope so!)

Omg hunni how stressful :-( not exactly what you need right now!! That's really poor service, why pay that money if they don't have anyone avaliable at weekends. I rent so it's a bit different but my landlord uses British gas. I've only had to use them once (and turned out I was just being a silly woman!) but they came out the same day. I hope others have info on who is best.

We're with British gas. We also have plumbing and drains covered and pay around £20 something a month. I've had to call them out a lot in the past and they are always quick - generally within hours. Would recommend.

Boomerslady-No sweetie not what we need at all, I was so mad, DH gave the phone to me and I had a bit of a rant at the women-although no its not her fault. Having to go to my parents tomorrow morning for shower and to give LO a bath, I heard British gas were good. xxx

MrsButterfly-Thanks good to know you had better service with British gas.

xxx

She's probably used to having people rant!! At least you got to let off a bit of steam. I used to work on the phones and had people ranting at me all the time, you learn not to take it personally, as long as you feel better! To be honest I didn't even know N Power did that service in every place I've rented it's been British Gas, so that 3 people I know who chose them! What fun having to have baths elsewhere, fingers crossed they fix it on Monday for you.

British gas do all sorts of packages, it's about £18 for boiler and rads but they also do packages which cost only a few pounds a month but you pay a reduced rate for call outs, personally I can't understand why someone would choose that package but I guess in theory you would save a lot of you didn't need them and you would still get your Sevrvice etc and of course all parts etc are covered by that plan.

Call up and ask.

If you call before 1pm you should be seen that day but even after that most people do, and if they order parts before 8pm they will be there the next morning so if they don't have a part on the van (they are encouraged to fix everything first visit, so they carry a lot of stock and call other engineers to source parts from them too) then it should still be fixed the next day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->