boob addiction at 11 months, wean plan

Dahlia2007

Reaction score
Well I've come back to ol' trusty (B&B) to ask about a weaning question.

I'm a SAHM. LO is 11 months and dare I say, "addicted to the boob." She eats every 2-3 hours during the day (currently more, sometimes 3 times per hour because she's teething), and every 2-3 hours at night. It's been like this for more than a few months. I do feed her two food meals per day, along with some food snacks as well. I've become used to many wakings at night, but I do dream about more sleep. I can't wait for the day when she sleeps a larger chunk of time. I haven't been able to sleep train her, because I just don't want her to go through that anguish right now. I sort of hope that when I wean her, she won't want to wake up as much throughout the night anymore.

I plan on breastfeeding her until the spring (May). I'd like to make a plan of action for weaning. I'd like to think that if I want to wean her, she should be eating 3 full meals a day, correct? As she's only 11 months now, when should I start the process of trying to elongate the period between each feeding? Would it be okay to do that now since she is so needy with it? This teething things really takes a toll on the both of us and she seeks the boob a lot.

Please share your tips on weaning a baby who is "addicted to the boob"

All I can remember is what I did at the beginning, so here goes:

Take your time and plan for five meals a day. When you've worked out when the lunchtime feed is, make sure you replace that first with a substantial meal (rice/potatos/veg/meat etc.). Then replace breakfast, then eventually supper, the snacks in between and lastly the night feeds.

Good luck!

I'd be offering 3 meals a day at 11 months

Oops, I should clarify that I meant three meals with mid-morning and mid-afternoon snack.

I need a plan too! My babe still is bf all night long and won't take a bottle ����going nutso here

Loads could change in 6 months! Between 12 and 18 months my DS dropped all his night feeds and went from feeding every few hours during the day to really only feeding at naptimes, morning and evening. I would say don't stree too hard just yet. Keep offering foods at mealtimes, but let her go at her own pace still - you don't want her to pick up on any of your anxiety and become nervous with her food. We just offered food whenever we ate, and made sure we had snacks with us that we waved in his direction a couple of times a day. Nothing very scientific!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->