Boob leak!!!? Anyone else?

Ava Grace

Mummy to 2 boys wtt #3
Reaction score
I was lying on my Right side this morning and noticed a wet sticky patch where I had been lying on my boob! Anyone else had this?
Didn't happen with my first pregnancy x

I had some milk on my nipple yesterday on my left side. I've never seen that before, so I'm hopeful that means I'll have a good milk supply by the time they get here.

Yes! I was just sitting at my computer and I looked down and there was wet sticky stuff on my nightgown. Only on the left side.

So at least one boob works, right?

Lol I wake up a lot to two big spots lol completely normal I've been doing it since the early 2nd try

Good to know it's normal! I wonder why it's only one boob! X

I've not had anything yet... My boobs haven't even grown :( if anything I think they have shrank :/

Since 18 weeks I've had to wear a bra and nursing pads...otherwise I wake up in a puddle and have big wet spots on my shirt. :(

I haven't had any leaking yet. :( Does that mean anything about how my milk supply will be?

I wish it did, since I produce so much. But from what everyone has told me it doesn't have anything to do with milk production. Lots of women have told me that they had no colostrum before the baby was born but had excellent milk supplies.

Thanks it's been kinda worrying me! But I guess every little thing has been these days!

Leaking before birth does not mean anything at all about milk supply :) once the placenta detaches from the uterine wall it floods your system with hormones. The placenta also tells your boobs to start making colostrum in the 3rd trimester but that doesn't mean you will leak

I leaked a lot with my eldest in pregnancy but it took 4-5 days for my milk to come in, second eldest I didn't leak but could squeeze out loads of colostrum but milk came in early-though I never experienced engorgement with him he never lost anything from his birthweight and was well over a pound over his birthweight by 10 days old. Second youngest I leaked even less and had no problems with supply if anything the oversupply I had caused us some problems. Youngest I leaked one tiny drop at about 37 weeks and couldn't squeeze any colostrum out either, even when he was born it was a struggle to squeeze any out it was only a good nappy output that told me he was getting enough. When my milk came in I was so engorged I was crying my eyes out and I got blocked ducts, then I had a serious oversupply and over active let down until he was 11 months old. Leaking in pregnancy is no indication of supply when your milk comes in at all. I haven't leaked at all in this pregnancy and I could only squeeze any colostrum out from 32 weeks and then not much. I was even BF my son throughout pregnancy but most of the time it has been 'dry' nursing xx

I've not had anything yet and I'm due on Wednesday. I got it a few weeks early with my first two babies, but nothing with my third either until after he was born x

only happened once! All over my OH's arm while in bed haha

Yep! I went from only leaking a teeny tiny bit to all of a sudden leaking colostrum like a madman. And nah, I've heard of women not leaking whatsoever and still having a good supply when their LO comes :)

I just noticed mine are leaking!! was clear at first now its milk its mad but sooooo exciting aswell :p xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->