Boob lump :/

embeth

Mum to 4 perfect children
Reaction score
I knew this would happen... I am a major panic head with anything health related. Had issues with my left boob a year or so ago had a dip in it and some dimpling after lots of doctor visits got referred had scan all fine just result of lots of past bfing etc
When pregnant boob obviously filled out and the above issues are no longer visible... Great ;)
Now though I have noticed a prominent lump. More like a Knot feeling in the tissue than a round lump but is def there! Couple of cm above Areola... Reason I'm worried is that I don't think this is just a clogged duct as I'm sure it has been there for a long time but just suddenly grown. I'm sure it was there when I had a scan and when I had a full Breast exam during pregnancy.
My boobs are like a pair of footballs at the moment so I'm going to wait until they calm down a little to go to the gp but will ask my midwife at my apt tomorrow.
Does anyone know if existing harmless lumps can appear bigger when boob is engorged and maybe it's ring pushed forward it something??
In trying very hard not to let my panic and anxiety kick in and be consumed by worry :/ x

I had a lump which turned out to be a lymph node but it never went away, since breastfeeding it has gotten more prominent as it has been pushed forward. I asked my gp to have a feel and she wasn't at all concerned! Get it checked out, as you should always do with these things, but its likely nothing x

thanks for the reply, i'll see what the midwife thinks tomorrow..making an effort to stop prodding and poking today as its not helping! I've managed 3 hours with no touching so far!lol

I found a lump recently and after a breast scan and three biopsies it turned out to just be an enlarged lymph gland and nothing to worry about. Hopefully the midwife can give you some answers tomorrow, I know how worrying it can be :hugs:

I found a lump recently and after a breast scan and three biopsies it turned out to just be an enlarged lymph gland and nothing to worry about. Hopefully the midwife can give you some answers tomorrow, I know how worrying it can be :hugs:

thankyou, glad your was nothing xx

I am not a doctor and of course you need to see a doctor if you're worried but I have so many different lumps once my milk came in. As soon as DS empties them, all lumps are gone. When it first came in and for a good milk, my breasts felt like there are a lot of small painful to touch balls inside. When my supply normalized, it felt much better but I still get odd lumps here and there before feeds. Could it be breast milk related?

I was terrified when I found a breast lump at 4 weeks. I was relieved when they told me of was an abscess as I was convinced I had cancer! Honestly its highly unlikely to be anything suspicious. Boobs that are already lumpy get mega lumpy during breastfeeding. It could just be a simple milk cyst. For peace of mind get your GP to check it. If its v mobile and smooth then its likely a wee cyst.

thanks ladies. If i try to empty the boob (which is difficult to do as there is so much milk!) then it doesn't feel nearly as prominent and flatter. It is smooth and does move. I am sure it was there pre pregnancy and never been noted in examinations, hoping just all the milk and engorgement making things bigger. My boobs have felt less engorged today so hoping it will go down. Feel like I am in the middle of the baby blues at the moment so trying not to obsess over it too much xxx

xxx

I also have found a lump and am worried about it...From everything I've read on here and on other sites, it's probably nothing but we should def get it checked out.

Like yours, mine doesn't seem as noticeable right after I feed and is more noticeable the more engorged they are. I'm sure it's nothing but it's def. stressful and something scary to think about.

well I have just come out of the shower...my lump seems to have completely gone down. Feeling quite relieved as really could have done without that worry 2 weeks after giving birth. I must remember not to stress in the morning if its back again when i have a load of milk! xx

I also have found a lump and am worried about it...From everything I've read on here and on other sites, it's probably nothing but we should def get it checked out.

Like yours, mine doesn't seem as noticeable right after I feed and is more noticeable the more engorged they are. I'm sure it's nothing but it's def. stressful and something scary to think about.

Sorry to hear your in a stress too. Today I have made an effort to really feed a lot from that breast and hand express little and often. Maybe try that with yours. Am sure yours is nothing xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->