Boobie weaning

KarenLV

Reaction score
When you start weaning your baby from breastmilk, with what milk do you replace it and how much?

I gave my baby a snack and offer his cup for some sips of water and he takes this instead of having a milk feed between lunch and tea. My baby has been getting formula top ups since he was a month old so he gets 7 oz Aptamil hungry baby formula first thing then a bf shortly after lunch then another between tea time and bed time. Since I started giving him bigger portions about 10 days ago he doesn't want as much milk (except for 2 days earlier this week when he had about 10 bfs and 2 bottles!) My boobs weren't sore at all despite cutting down quickly.

Valerie is still breastfed right now and we plan on weaning her from the breast around 11-12 months. We plan on starting to give her a bottle (8oz) of organic whole milk once a day, until we are completely done with breastfeeding and she is solely on bottles of organice whole milk. We'll see how it goes as it gets closer to that age.

I was planning on waiting until he is one year old and I can give him cows milk instead of the proposed formula but he two teeth are gnawing me when he drinks.I bought a nipple shield and he just rips it off me everytime!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->