Book & Film names?

hale81

Reaction score
Hi All,:coffee:
Im after some ideas, cant find any names i realllly like, so i thought films and books always have some interesting names in them

Does anyone have any good names please:thumbup:

I love the name Ariya (not sure how it's spelt, pronounced Ar-ee-ya) from the young girl out of Game of Thrones :) Plus her character was ace - strong & independent!

Do you want girl or boy names? Or both?

Arya and Brienne from the books A Song of Ice and Fire. I even know someone who named their daughter Daenarys after one of the characters but...it's nms.

I'm using a name I found in the Obernewtyn chronicles, which has a lot of good ones! Kella, Rushton, Alexi (though he was a bad guy), Dameon, Darius, Brydda, and there are so many others but I don't have the book near me.

From the world of Neil Gaiman (books) I like Tristran, though they changed it to Tristan in the movies (maybe that's how it was pronounced anyway?).

Edit: I found more for Obernewtyn :)
Analivia, Ander, Cameo, Ceirwyn, Colwyn (or Colin), Dell, Domick (or Dominick), Eril (or Errol), and then some. I'll stop unless you're interested in more ^^

Arwen
Bronte
Pearla
Virginia
Everley

Aragon
Cassius
Clay
Troy

I love the name Ariya (not sure how it's spelt, pronounced Ar-ee-ya) from the young girl out of Game of Thrones :) Plus her character was ace - strong & independent!

Arya :thumbup:
A girl I went to school with named her LO this.

I think Sansa is quite nice too, and Shae.

Other book names:
Lyra
Violet
Sunny (girl)
Alfie
Rue
Hermione
Beatrix
Hanna

Sorry it's really hard to think of them all at a time. I love pp's suggestion of Arwen.

Arya :thumbup:
A girl I went to school with named her LO this.

I think Sansa is quite nice too, and Shae.

Other book names:
Lyra
Violet
Sunny (girl)
Alfie
Rue
Hermione
Beatrix
Hanna

Sorry it's really hard to think of them all at a time. I love pp's suggestion of Arwen.

Hee hee I've totally spelt it wrong! But I love the name :cloud9:

I went to watch Pompeii yesterday and like the name Cassia for a girl, and they had a Milo for a boy - though it reminds me a bit of a dog.

Oberyn (M) from Game of Thrones. And although it is not strictly a name in the books - more a title - I love the idea of a daughter called Khaleesi Rose :)

Yes i love most of game of thrones names but they are getting so used now.

Cassia is a sweet name

I immediately thought of Hermione :)

Darcy, Elizabeth, Jane, Mary, Kitty, Lydia

Oh I just thought; all the Atonement names are cool: Pierrot (pronounced Piero), Jackson, Lola, Arabella, Briony, Cecelia, Luc, Leon....

Holden (The Catcher in the Rye)
Estella (Great Expectations)
Pearl (The Scarlet Letter)

Rhett, Scarlett, Heath, Catherine.

We're naming our son Zeddicus Irfan after a character in the Sword of Truth series and DH's uncle who was killed in the Bosnian war. We will shorten it to Zedd or Z. I fell in love with the name years and years ago before I ever thought I would have kids. We both have unique names (his is unique in the US) and so I scoured all of my fantasy novels and re-found Zedd.
Boy
Allanon
Durin
Brona

Kahlan is another name in the SOT book that I really like.
Ilyena
Chiad

My daughter's middle name is going to be Penelope, after Odysseus' wife in The Odyssey. She's a pretty cool lady.

there was a little boy named Cullen at the preschool I taught at (it always reminded me of Twilight)
Aria, Spencer, Hannah, Emily (PLL)
Ezra, Toby, Noel(pronounced Nole) (also from PLL)
Alice (alice in wonderland)
Holden (catcher in the rye)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"