booked my scan! what will i see?

Marlarky

Mommy&Expecting!!!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
I booked my scan for the 27th I'll be approx 7w4d. It feels so far away!!! Can anyone tell me as to what I might see because I've never had a scan this early !

You will probably see a little blob. And quite possibly the little flutters of a heartbeat. I had mine at 7w6d and that's what I saw.

I'll be having my first one this pregnancy at 6 weeks 4 days (to them I'm 7 weeks 4 days at that time but I didn't ovulate until day 22). Anyway with DD I was sent in on what they thought was 7 weeks 6 days I measured 7 weeks 1 day. I saw the outline of the baby and the heartbeat was 180 BPM.

I got my scan at 7+1 Thursday so il know then! :) x

Following. I'll be getting my u/s around that time as well.

I have my first scan on the 27th too but if my estimation is correct I will be 11 weeks by then. I can't really offer any guidance, but I can sympathize about the wait, I have already been waiting a week only a couple more to go.

You will see a gestational sac, yolk sac and hopefully the fetal pole. A heartbeat is also likely at this stage.

I had a scan at 7w exactly and saw a little blob and heard the heartbeat. 4 weeks later had another one and it looked so much more like a baby lol

It varies as being off by a day can change what you see. I do want to say DONT panic if you don't see much. I know ladies who didn't see a hb at 7 weeks but then saw it at 8.
FX for a great scan for you :)

https://www.baby2see.com/development/ultrasound_sonogram/first_trimester_scans.html

This will give you an idea of what to expect (gives a description and examples of scan pictures on different days of these early weeks)

Good luck.xx

Thanks everyone! I'm so excited but its so far away lol
Hopefulk that website is great! Ill be excited to see anything really as long as there's a heartbeat.
Multiples are more common when you get pregnant the first month off the nuvaring like I did so fx'd I ovulated 2 eggs!

For those curious : this is mine at 6, 7 and 8 weeks (in case your dates are off to give an idea) I saw the hb at 6w2d, but not everyone does so don't panic if you don't. gl

Attachments

• 6weeks.jpg
    6weeks.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 7weeks.jpg
    7weeks.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 8weeks.jpg
    8weeks.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online