Booking in appointment?

Nibblenic

Reaction score
I was speaking to my local midwife and she was saying they dont normally do booking in till about 10 weeks?!

Ive asked for it sooner as i have a complex medical history and am taking more 'not to use in pregnancy' medications than i am comfortable with.

Im sure with my last we booked in much earlier on, but that was a fair time ago now

I think with my last pregnancy I had it around 9-10 weeks. I just had an appointment with my GP who didn't do any tests to confirm the pregnancy, she just said if your HPT was positive then you're pregnant and referred me to the hospital. Guess it will be the same again this time, I've got my first GP appointment in two weeks.

I've noticed in here than in some other countries they do tests and scans a lot sooner, quite jealous about that! I'm only five weeks and the booking in appointment and 12 week scan seem so far away..

Perhaps speak to your GP to get a referral?

I will, my gp has been on for two weeks and I'm away this week. I saw a locum who was about as much use as a chocolate fire guard.

It all seems so far off and I'm not a very patient, patient lol

My booking in appointment with my last was 8 weeks, now it seems to be 9-10 weeks. Much confusing!!

I know it's such a long wait until the booking in, and even longer until the first ultrasound scan. :(

I've considered doing a viability scan privately just for my peace of mind, but at £100 (at least here in London) it seems quite steep.

Opinions seem to differ on this, the GP I saw when I miscarried my last pregnancy said to book in about 7-8 weeks but the midwife said it should be 9-10 weeks. I had mine today and I'm 9+4.
There shouldn't be any reason why you can't push for one slightly earlier, I think they just want you to get a little further along so your chances of m/c are reduced.
And I'd definitely recommend getting a private scan if you can, I paid £100 at 8 wks for one.

My one with my son in 2013 I had it exactly 8 weeks. With my dD In 2011 I didn't have one until after my scan at 12 weeks. Not heard anything yet for this one and I'm 8 weeks in a weeks time :-/ weird xx

Thanks guys, I was hoping to see an Ob by 12 weeks

I feel really anxious about my meds

Mine was 9 weeks and it was just an ultrasound and a chat about how things are going, a form to fill out etc. I just had my first prenatal at 11 weeks which was really quick too. That was was probably under 10 minutes because I got up to date on my regular gynecological stuff before attempting to get pregnant. Does your provider take email questions? That's how we do so much stuff at my hospital. If you have medication questions and that's an option, I would email or call the advice line.

Mine was 9 weeks and it was just an ultrasound and a chat about how things are going, a form to fill out etc. I just had my first prenatal at 11 weeks which was really quick too. That was was probably under 10 minutes because I got up to date on my regular gynecological stuff before attempting to get pregnant. Does your provider take email questions? That's how we do so much stuff at my hospital. If you have medication questions and that's an option, I would email or call the advice line.

I'm in the UK so it's NHS. Unless I book a private scan which I may do yet

Yep the norm is 10 weeks round here. They have health care assistants who you see at about seven-eight weeks who fill in the basic info in your green book, seems a bit pointless really!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->