Books for a four year old

emyandpotato

Reaction score
LO will be four in August. He loves his books, from really simple ones like Waddle and Peepo to chapter books like Harry Potter and everything in between. I've bought a couple of books today from the 3-5 section in Waterstones, and they're just short story books. You know, like The Gruffalo sort of thing (I can't remember the actual names and have put them away). I was wondering if he'd be too old for them at Christmas when he'll be 4 and four months? Would your four year old still be interested?

ETA just checked and it's 'You can't take an elephant on the bus' and 'The way to the zoo'.

Ds1 looooves all the Julia Donaldson books! I think they'd defo be suitable for a 4 year old, I can't see us getting bored of them any time soon. I don't actually know the books you mentioned, but if they're in the same range as the gruffalo I think that would be fine.

Thanks! Yeah LO loves all the Julia Donaldson books but they didn't have any in that he hasn't already got! They're definitely a similar sort of style though.

Hm I was also going to recommended Julia Donaldson books as my LO's love them! I'm trying to wrack my brains for similar type books but I can't really think.

I know the little boys who are similar age to what your LO will be in Summer's nursery loves these :

https://www.thebookpeople.co.uk/web...&langId=100&searchTerm=alien+loves+underpants

The pirate cruncher is also another popular one!

My son loves anything that's a little bit 'rude' like aliens love underpants and the grump and the grouch ( or something). :) He will be 5 in October

It'll be fine to keep them until Christmas. My little girl likes going back to books she has had for a few years even xx

It'll be fine to keep them until Christmas. My little girl likes going back to books she has had for a few years even xx

Maria still loves her baby books, the ones that have a picture of an object on each page with the word below it.

We have a ton of Little Critter books, Berenstain Bears, Dr Seuss, How Do Dinosaurs...(there's a series of them, How do Dinosaurs eat, How do Dinosaurs say goodnight, how do dinosaurs say I love you, etc.), Disney 5 minute bedtime stories, etc. Look and Find books are good too, sometimes just to mix it up a bit. My boys LOVE look and find books.

Maria still loves her baby books, the ones that have a picture of an object on each page with the word below it.

Kaysie does that too. You sort of got backwards for a bit too when they are four/five as they learn to read their old books.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->