Bordering on inappropriate or just idiotic?

Catzilla

Reaction score
As you guys know we are expecting after our IVF journey 10w 4d today :)

We had an appointment yesterday for booking with midwife etc but there was a mix up between our GP and the hospital which basically meant we took time off work for nothing and are now booked in for next Monday. Anyway, my boss is actually a fantastic guy and let's me basically go to every appointment needed even though I'm not the pregnant one. My wife emailed her boss yesterday, as she was actually working from home and only popping out for a couple hours for this appointment that went wrong. She explained there had been a mix up, and now our appointment is Monday so she will be working from home then. He emailed back saying: Can't Clare (that's me, the non pregnant one) cover some of these appointments for you, cos I need you in the office??

Really? Lol

It made me laugh at how ridiculous he is. Did he seriously think that was possible? He also mentioned that she was having too much time off. Although it's not time off, it's work from home days. We did have a lot of IVF appointments and of course towards the end you're at the clinic every other day. We purposely picked a clinic close to Hannah's work so she could get early appointments, and continue in to work. We had an 8 week scan appointment 2 weeks ago and a dr appointment on the same day which she took as holiday. Then there is this appointment yesterday, plus 2 impromptu days working from home as she was too tired to face the commute into work which is train and tube into London. Can't blame her really.

Aside from those days, we are having building work done in the house which has on occasion meant that again she has taken work from home days. It can't be more than 10 days total in the last 3 months.

The killer is that he moans about these work from home days but does it 1 to 2 days a week himself! Also he went through IVF with his wife a couple if years ago so I feel like he should have a better understanding.

Just goes to show that people can be really great, accommodating etc, until it gets in the way of what they want.

Still think it's hilarious that he thought I could maybe go to the scan appointment without Hannah... Stupidity at its finest!

I think I would get her to remind him that he has a legal obligation to let her have time off for midwife appointments.

Does he think that a lesbian pregnancy is some how different and you can just transfer the baby over or something? :wacko:

Ridiculous. I don't know that it was inappropriate, but it for sure was not the brightest comment. I hope that everything else goes smoothly for you guys!

Can't believe he actually said that! I wonder if he's realised how ridiculous he was to say that yet lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->