borderline diabetic home birth?

aysmith

Reaction score
I had the glucose test a few months back and I got a call to say I was borderline but nothing to worry about, just watch what I eat and they don't need to see me again. I recently moved to another county and saw a midwife who said need to check everything ok for a homebirth with consultants over here before she can book me for a home birth. Saw the consultant today who did a scan, baby isn't big, blood pressure was normal but he said I need to see another consultant next week as he is recommending I go to hospital for the birth. So now home birth is on hold until see consultant again which seems stupid to me.

Has anyone else had experiences similar? Can they refuse home birth? I just don't understand why if I'm only borderline and baby isn't big? And had no other complications or concerns. I'm getting worried as I'm 37 +2 which is exactly the same time my daughter arrived, so I'm worried won't even make it to the appointment and have to go to the hospital anyway.

Contact your local director of midwifery services. It was some years ago that I had my home birth booked but I was told then that every woman was entitled to a home birth if she wished. I had problems at first, but after speaking to the director of midwifery services, I was fine.

There are sites on the Internet that can provide info if you're feeling pressured eg:

https://www.aims.org.uk/homebirthUpdated.htm

Hope that link works for you.

Good luck

Home birth works differently here than there so I can't answer that concern, but I also had borderline results. My midwives weren't concerned and I will be having a home birth. Good luck. What a stressful time to throw this at you!

I don't have any advice but you might find this site useful https://www.birthrights.org.uk/library/factsheets/Choice-of-Place-of-Birth.pdf

They cannot refuse you a home birth :hugs: They're just covering their own backs so if there is a problem it doesn't look like their fault.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->