Boss mistreating me and stressing me out - don't know how to cope anymore

pradabooties

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

This week has been a total nightmare. I'm 32 weeks pregnant and moving house this weekend. We had our bond payment (4 weeks rent + 2 weeks in advance) due and my boss hasn't paid me for a month... I got in contact with him letting him know I really needed at least one of the four overdue pays in time for the bond payment and he basically told me to sort something else out :growlmad:

I'm having trouble coping with how angry and stressed he has made me. We had to borrow money off a number of relatives to make the payment because I'm so behind on pay and OH is already covering everything. It was even more hurtful because I had to watch my OH being so so stressed about it all.

My boss works overseas so I haven't seen him all year and actually haven't told him I'm pregnant - my manager told me in private that due to company changes I wouldn't have a job to go back to after my 4 months maternity leave anyway (government paid for) so when I give birth basically I will also be resigning. I have been working casually for the company for years but recently got changed to contract (along with everyone else) because of changes in the management. I so badly want to quit right now to put my foot down and show its not okay to be mistreating me like this but in Australia you can't get any government benefits until baby arrives and obviously at this point I can't be job hunting.

Just really needed to vent because I'm not coping and really feel on the verge of breaking down over this situation :cry:

Oh dear! You can at least count down. You don't have long to go! And you can plan fr a better job soon!

Your OH doesn't know you're pregnant & you're 32 weeks? Did i understand that correct? I know that sometimes there isn't a right time, but this seems a bit excessive. Have I interpreted it wrong?

Also, can you get in touch with a labour protection agency fr the pay out of earned wages? It seems pretty excessive not having been paid fr such a long time!!

I can understand your frustration.

Oh dear! You can at least count down. You don't have long to go! And you can plan fr a better job soon!

Your OH doesn't know you're pregnant & you're 32 weeks? Did i understand that correct? I know that sometimes there isn't a right time, but this seems a bit excessive. Have I interpreted it wrong?

Also, can you get in touch with a labour protection agency fr the pay out of earned wages? It seems pretty excessive not having been paid fr such a long time!!

I can understand your frustration.

LOL sorry I must've miscommunicated that - my BOSS doesn't know I'm pregnant :haha: Of course my OH has known since about an hour after I did.

I got in contact with the fair work department and basically all they could do for me was suggest I take it to small claims court... I'm definitely angry and desperate for my pay but I don't know if I'm desperate enough to put myself through going to court etc!

Thanks for your reply, you're right its lucky at least I'm close to my due date

It also makes it tricky because here (Australia) I'd be eligible for a small allowance from the government before bub arrives if I got fired but, from what I understand, if I quit (even for a legitimate reason like my boss never paying me) I wouldn't receive any assistance. I've never received benefits from the government so hate to even think about "relying" on them but it would be very helpful having even a tiny bit of support for my last weeks of pregnancy so I could tell my boss to bugger off! :haha:

Same here in Canada! few rights fr the small people. That's why I'm self employed. No more crying fr being mistreated by bosses.
Very happy to hear yr OH is well aware that baby is on the way.

I wld consider the small claims court fr your pay & ask fr a grievance pay out as well in that claim. Pro bono lawyers or some legal aid service cld assist you. I wld do it after you give birth and if you still haven't been paid ALL you are owed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->