Bottle feeding whilst out and about??

sweetsammi

1st time mummy and WTT
Reaction score
I feel abit dumb asking but how do you mums that bottle feed your baby do so whilst out? I worry when ever i go into town or anything with Oliver in case he wakes for a feed because i dont understand how i'm supposed to feed him i.e how do i warm his bottle? And formula must b used within an hour or so after its made up so how does this work? Ive been really lucky so far as hes stayed asleep whilst we've been out. Thanks all. x

Hey hope you're doing ok. Think I can answer this as Ryan woke up in town yesterday whilst we were eating dinner and wanted to join in lol. There are bottle warmers in all the parent rooms in the Westfield Centre or a few of the food places in the food court will give you a cup of boiling water if you ask them for it. For formula, if you take it separately as formula powder in containers (you can buy little tubs for it - put it in measured out) and boiled water in a bottle, then you can just mix it up whilst you're out.. or you can buy it in cartons for going out. xx

i've made forumula up and used it well after an hour and it has been fine.
i've packed the bottle in the changing back wrapped in nappies as they are quite good insulators.
Or i have afew cartons of formula and carried those, ewan would take them cold if he was hungry!

As hypnorm said ...

They say its not adviseable any more etc but my HV said "its not always practical & I don't like ramming such stress in my girls faces" she even believes making bottles up at night is more practical as well says its more dangerous for you to prepare a bottle with one eye open (miss counting the scoops) she said it all came in to place when people were stupid about making bottles up like people would keep the bottles on their livingroom radiators to keep them warm for hourssss on end over night and so on :shock:

Some bags have sections that are insulated for bottles - my free black & silver pampers bag has 1 section or you can buy holders/bottle bags that are insulated and put them in your bag?

Carton milk can be given at room temp as well - even preparing one of those before leaving since at the moment they aren't takinga full cartons worth (taking the chill off it if there is one) and putting it in bag - will be fine. I use these :D

we have a holder for a can of carlsberg, it fits his bottle in perfect, if we heat it before leaving to 'hot/warm' then put it in, by the time he's ready, it's either within the hour and we let it cool if it needs it, or over an hour, he still has it, (sod that hour rule couldnt do it otherwise) and it's just the right temp lol. feels weird feeding bubba with something that came out of a holder with carlsberg all over it lol

I use one of these https://www.boots.com/shop/product_...assificationid=1034958&slmRefer=000&imageid=1 The hold 3 feeds of up to 9 scoops per section!

I've got a few and they are so handy. We make up 6 feeds at a time (boiling water left to cool at room temp) So when we're out we just take a bottle and the dispenser and give noah his feed at room/change bag temp.

I find its so much easier than carting the whole box of formula around and cheaper than buying seperate cartons of milk everytime we go out. We also used it for the night feeds so we couldn't forget how many scoops we'd put in the bottle (so much easier atr 3am when ur 1/2 asleep!). Its also great for when Noah goes to stay with his nan because we make 24 hours worth of feeds and send 2 full dispensers - then you know that they're getting the right amount of scoops because you made them up!

Boots & mothercare have them and they are £4.99 also mothercare do their own which is around £2.50 (But I dnt think they are as good as avent)

xx

my sis uses bottles from somewhere, not sure where sorry, and they come prepacked with the right amount of formula in and all she has to do is pull a tab and shake them, or something like that, she swears by them :)

We always heat Alfies milk depending on whether he is due for a bottle or not, so it could be just the right heat or too hot and then put in his bag with an insulator. I never throw milk over an hour old away, Sometimes Alfie's bottle may take 3 hours to cool down enough once put in the bag. He also drinks his milk at his own pace and if in a cool environment that could take him 2 hrs or a bit more, if the room was warm/hot, then I would give him a fresh one as it turns quicker in the warmth........just use your common sense hun, I do and Alfie has never had an upset tummy yet, and neither did Jade! x

Im not a mummy yet, but I looked after my little nephew, Charlie, a few weeks back. I took him out shopping and worried about how I would feed him being out and about, as im a newbie to all this..

His daddy gave me an insulated flask full of boiled water, the flask was from adsa, just a normal small silver one. Enough to do about 3 bottles..

And in his little bottles were little pots with the exact amount of powder, ready to use.. I liked the way they sat inside the bottles, good for space saving, I was amazed at how much STUFF one baby needed for one trip to the shops!!

The bottles and the pots were those tommie tippe (sp) ones.. Really good I thought..

I used the flasks and pots through the night as well, meant i didnt have to leave the room each time he woke up..

I would never have thought of using these things, but as long as it's ok to, I'll do it with my baby too..

Maybe a more exprienced mum will know if its ok to use these insulated flasks for feeding... I found it very useful..

It was one night though !! lol

https://www.johnlewis.com/+Baby/Feeding+and+Caring/Feeding+and+Caring/Bottles+and+Accessories/578/230229463/Product.aspx

Oooh just found this...

The bottles and the pots were those tommie tippe (sp) ones.. Really good I thought..

That's really weird.... I've been using the bottles and just bought the little pots today. Saw them in Boots and thought they looked good. Just tested them out and they're really useful. xx

ha ha Really, Whats more weird is that i was in morrisons today and thought oooh thats those littles pots (thats how i remembered what make they were) .. Should I buy them, noooooo, stop buying random things !!

Aww they're probably less expensive in Morrisons too but I just got excited by them (yes I do get excited by things like that). I love buying random things! And if it means less stuff to haul around in the changing bag, I'm all for it. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->