Bottle insulators

xxleannexx

Mom to a girl and boy
Reaction score
this is a really random question and probably me just being stupid. but say if you were going out and your baby was due a feed in half an hour so, can you warm up a bottle and put in a bottle insulator to keep warm? as avent do 1 but it say "keeps milk cold or hot water hot" nothing about keeping milk warm. is it because you cant do that lol? :dohh:

Yes, you can do it. Generally if you put a warm bottle in it will stay warm, hot will stay hot, cold will stay cold. Obviously a hot/warm bottle will cool down eventually. When I go out, I usually put water in that's a bit warmer than Ryan would drink it, then if it cools down it's still warm enough, and if it's too hot I can run it under a cold tap for a bit.

EDIT: I don't pre-make my feeds. I put the right amount of water in the bottle and then put the right amount of formula in a milk dispenser thing that fits into the bottle. Then I just make it up when he needs it. x

We got a portable bottle warmer for when we travel. You press this thing on it, and the inside part heats up really warm, and warms a bottle within a few mins. It keeps it insulated, and is small and you just place the bottle inside the thing thats a bit bigger than a bottle.

We had that bottle bag and it kept the milk hot for a good while, although if we knew we were going to a cafe or something, we'd ask them to do it.

Thanks, i was just unsure whether you are able to heat up milk then leave it in a bottle bag to keep warm then give it your baby after a little while. you never kno whats safe and not these days!

We always use our bottle insulator - (we have one in the bag). Now we use it to keep jars of food hot for when we are out too. x

I'm not going to warm my formula. Two close friends and my sister all said that in the hospital they don't warm formula, just make sure that the water is room temperature. They all did that and their babies were fine with drinking it, so I figure I'll do the same and it will be a lot easier on me. Then, I just need to carry around a bottle of water and the bottle, and that's it. It's especially handy if your out, and baby wants more food. I can just pop into the local off-license and grab a bottle of water. Their coolers never work anyway!!! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->