Bottle sterilising advice please

knk2011

Reuben's Mummy :)
Reaction score
How long can I leave my tommee tippee bottles if I sterilise dry and put the Lids on them before I need to re-sterilise them before using them?

24 hours. I was also told by my midwife that I can boil water, and fill the bottles and they'll stay sterile for 24 hours, as long as nothing else is added to them.

don't dry them after you have sterilised them, you are undoing what you just did :)

But it is 24 hours you can keep them for, also like PP said you can also keep the cool boiled water for 24 hours as well.

My steriliser says bottles stay sterile for 6hrs after but I re sterilise after 12hrs.

Don't dry them though after you have sterilised :)

I sound stupid but if I wash and then sterilise then I can only leave them 24 hours before sterilising again? I keep a bottle in my bag for emergancies and thought I could just keep it there all the time. The other bottles I sterilise everyday because I am using them

I sound stupid but if I wash and then sterilise then I can only leave them 24 hours before sterilising again? I keep a bottle in my bag for emergancies and thought I could just keep it there all the time. The other bottles I sterilise everyday because I am using them

As far as I know, all bottles need to be sterilised after 24 hours whether they have been used or not.

Thank you ladies, I have a system going now :)! X

can i add to this with a further question,

im new to formula and have been using the ready made formula preparing to enter the world of mixing next week

so i can steralize my bottle and when done can do the bottle up and its good to use with in 24 hours?

it says on my milton cold water steralized to wash the bottles with soapy water then rinse warm then cold water, is soapy water like my fairy liquid? and how much should i be using?

Yes. Anti anti bacterial washing up liquid-we use fairy or tesco own brand.

We just fill the basin with the same amount we would normally for dishes

Joy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->