• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bottle to beaker!

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
When does baby go from bottle to beaker? Does baby get to a point of milk in beakers not in bottles?

x

i did it at 1 hun, coz it can damage there teeth been on bottles 2 long, just give them there milk for bed in a drinking cup start with a training cup i used tomee tipee first beaker with the 2 handles x

Dec has been getting his milk in his cup for about 1 week now and he is loving it, I am thinking of getting rid of all the bottles now, just kept them in case he needed them again. He is 101/2 months. I think most people do it between 12-18 months but it is best for their teeth to do it as soon as possible, but I wouldnt make an issue out of it Caitlin only gets 2 bottles a day doesnt she?? Well that wouldnt do any harm to her teeth it is only if a child is getting all drinks in their bottle that the most damage is done. xx Good luck. Oh hows the crawling going?? bet shes into everything now !!!!! Lol

Shes on 3 bottles hun and juice from beaker

When you say cup is that still beaker? How many drinks of milk does he have a day, how much, full fat or formula 12 months +?

x

Because i breastfed for the 1st 6 months my baby wasn't fussed about bottles. I used them until he was 10 months and now he uses the tommie tippee beakers for his milk at night.

Yes I mean a beaker, he has 6ozs of 6months+ formula morning and night, but he has about 2 beakers of full fat milk a day. So at the moment he is getting 12oz of formula and about 12 ozs of full-fat. HV advised me to start cutting down on formula and giving more full-fat, but he is 1 next month.

Aeryn's been using simple "spout with holes in" type beakers since about 9/10 months. I have slowly replaced her bottles with them and now she just has a bottle on odd occasions when she is teething or grumpy. It took a while though, there was a lot of milk all over the place before she got the hang of it. Especially when she first started trying to use them herself.

Initially when I was still trying to keep more of an eye on her milk intake I would mix and measure it out in a jug as some of our beakers don't have a measure thingy on the side.

We actually had a breakthrough today, she used a straw! This is amazing news as last time she "blew" instead of sucked and it went all over daddy :rofl:

Think kian was about 11-12months. However he wouldn't take milk from a beaker only water. He had a bottle in the morning and at night till he was almost 2 1/2 then we sent it to santa! Even now he won't have milk or juice and only drinks water (funny boy!)

Be careful which beakers you get though.

My health visitor advised against using the ones that don't leak as they have been linked to speech problems. Children have to suck so hard that they build up the wrong muscles in the mouth and cheeks which in turn can make letter pronounciation difficult. I tried drinking from one and they are really hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->