Bottle to breast

Layla

Reaction score
Hiya,

Need advice again sorry lol

Im not sue to see my MW or HV untill the end of Jan so i cant ask them.

Do breast fed babies get colic?

Also how easy/hard is it to get Adam feeding back on me rather than expressing and giving in a bottle? can it be done?
If it can be done, will my nipples hurt again, or will of all the expressing hardened them up by now?

If i was to get him feeding from me again, id still llike Jase to do one over night feed, so would it be best to use teh Dr Brown bottles or the back to nature ones as they are shaped more like me?

Adam is suffering bad from colic...me and Jase are suffering for it too and we think it happend when i switched from breast to bottle

Any advice would be great

Thanks

x

Kabe was 3 weeks when he started on the breast, i dont know how it would work with Adam, but i managed to get Kabe doing it. They both still feed off me and both have 2 a day in a bottle too so Brandon and Josh can do it

Teach baby a comfortable latch-on. Are you allowing baby to put too much sucking pressure on the nipple, rather than the areola (the darkened area surrounding your nipples)? This is the most common cause of painful nursing and may be why you've encountered problems. You need to get baby to open her mouth as wide as possible. Use your index finger to depress her lower jaw. When her mouth is open wide, quickly offer the breast while ensuring that her lips and gums are putting sucking pressure above your nipple. This not only makes latch-on less painful for you, but allows baby to get the most milk.
Another problem may be that baby's lips are tight or pursed while she nurses. This can lead to sore nipples. Try the "lower lip flip," a trick my wife (a lactation consultant) used on our babies. Once your daughter is latched on, take your index finger and flip her lower lip outward. This, in combination with baby's wide open mouth, should increase your comfort and nursing success.

(Taken from https://www.parenting.com/parenting/baby/article/0,19840,1153457,00.html )

thanks guys

I phoned my HV in the end, i didnt want to wait another month, she said im produceing loads of milk so thats good, she also said to carry on expressing and feeding with the bottle during teh day, but maybe put him on teh breast at night, she said that will make feeding easier for me as i wont have to go down to make a bottle and it will boost my milk surply even more and keep it flowing ok.

So i will try that later

x

thanks guys

I phoned my HV in the end, i didnt want to wait another month, she said im produceing loads of milk so thats good, she also said to carry on expressing and feeding with the bottle during teh day, but maybe put him on teh breast at night, she said that will make feeding easier for me as i wont have to go down to make a bottle and it will boost my milk surply even more and keep it flowing ok.

So i will try that later

x

I only BF Alfie for 3 weeks, as he got a rotten cold which made BF impossible because of the angle he had to be in, but I BF him mainly of a night and bottle fed during the day and he took to it brilliantly! Good Luck hun! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->