Bottle warmer.

lisaalove

Reaction score
I just have to say I never had one with my first tthought it was just some unnecessary item and I have to say remembering all the times I sat up at night with a cold bottle under hot water WAITING for what seemed like forever for it to heat up I decided to put it on my registy. My aunt who won't be able to be here for the baby shower bought some stuff for me and the bottle warmer was one of them (Minu I did not look at reviews to see if it was any good before hand) so when I got it I tested it out to see if it was worth the hype. I AM IN LOVE. I can't believe I didn't have one with my first. Sorry for the random rant but I'm so excited I put it on there!

What kind of bottle warmer is it? I had one that I really hated. The bottle would feel warm on the outside but still cold on the inside.

I had one with my first, I used it early on and then decided warm bottles were a pain especially when you're out and have to find a way to warm it up so I just gave DS his bottles at room temp, was so much easier.

What kind of bottle warmer is it? I had one that I really hated. The bottle would feel warm on the outside but still cold on the inside.
It's a Gum drop simple serve. :)

I had one with my first, I used it early on and then decided warm bottles were a pain especially when you're out and have to find a way to warm it up so I just gave DS his bottles at room temp, was so much easier.
The reason I got it is more so for refrigerated bottles, I won't be using it to heat up room temperature bottles.

This is my first so I haven't had experience yet, but my mother told me to buy one. I did and tested it, and it makes SO much more sense to have one!

I got the Philips Avent Natural to match my bottles :)

This might be a silly question... but can you warm up frozen breast milk in these warmers?

I had the Phillips Advent one for my little guy when he was tiny, I loved it, it was so simple to use and made it to the exact tempterature without worrying about it being too warm.
Mine broke before the warranty ran out so I currently have a brand new one waiting to be used for the little one I'm pregnant with now!
My husband is adamant that we won't need it this time around but I said to him that we will be using it at least for the first few months!x

This might be a silly question... but can you warm up frozen breast milk in these warmers?
I'm not 100% sure, it doesn't say anything about frozen breastmilk. Which I have been wondering myself..

I had the Kiindle Kozie with DS, it is specifically designed to not overheat breastmilk. It can be used for frozen ones, as it doesn't get as hot as most on the market.

I think it depends on the warmer and the bags. I have bought some Medela bags and it specifically says not to use them in a bottle warmer.

I guess I was lucky and Delilah did not care if her bottle was warm, room temperature or cold. She just wanted food.

I put the Dr. Brown bottle warmer on my registry since I plan to use Dr Brown bottles. Has anyone used that one? Is it pretty good?

I also just remembered - the Philips Avent states that you can use it to heat up food (im assuming in jars) too. When I tested it, it let me put the bottle in for longer if I wanted but the light went off when the milk was ready. I assume you could dethaw breastmilk from it.. it was pretty gentle!

I put the Dr. Brown bottle warmer on my registry since I plan to use Dr Brown bottles. Has anyone used that one? Is it pretty good?

I used the Dr Brown's for a while, until I decided that 20 seconds in the m/w was a lot easier than listening to a crying baby for 5 minutes LOL. I know they (who ever 'they' is) say not to use a microwave bc of hot spots, but the bottle warmer resulted in hot spots too. Because of this, I'd recommend shaking and testing after each warming. The Dr Brown's warmer was easy to use and you didn't have to put water in it each time which was great. I used mine every feed for about 3 months and never had any issues.

I also just remembered - the Philips Avent states that you can use it to heat up food (im assuming in jars) too. When I tested it, it let me put the bottle in for longer if I wanted but the light went off when the milk was ready. I assume you could dethaw breastmilk from it.. it was pretty gentle!

The gum drop one I have does that as well! Oh and it sterilizes Binkys :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->