Bottled water

rachmumtobe

Reaction score
Do you refill the bottle to use again or throw away? Just wondering as I always say I'll refill but end up throwing it away and just getting another bottle from the fridge. I know it says not to though?

I was but I didn't like doing it so I've bought myself a sports bottle.

I'll often refill throughout the day then have a new one the next day.

Here you pay a deposit on bottles, no way around it. However you can return those bottles and get that deposit back. The deposit is usually 25 cents but can be anywhere between 5 and 25, depending on the bottle. You return them to a machine which crushes them and recycles. It then prints off a voucher which you can then use on your shopping or just get the money back. Very encouraging way of recycling bottles in my opinion. Some bottles don't have is option so you don't pay a deposit but most bottles have the deposit.

Once we had boxes of fanta and sprite bottles in the basement and it totalled up to 20 euros worth of deposit. They only gathered up because I didn't have the car on the road at the time so that was nice. I don't understand why they don't do this everywhere.

I used to reuse a volvic bottle but it got a bit battered so got a sports bottle instead. Was still able to recycle and get my deposit back on it though even though it had seen better days xD

If I've bought a bottled water, yes I will keep refilling it throughout the day. I usually use reusable water bottles though. I just bought one of those fruit infused water bottles, so have mostly been using that lately for my water throughout the day. Just keep adding water to it as needed, and the fruit flavor just keeps infusing as I go.

I will reuse a water bottle a couple of times a week when going to the gym. Thinking of getting one if those filter water bottles as the tap water here is rank.

I reuse them all the time. I think they just have the warning not to so that you go back and buy more rather than drinking tap water.

I bought a big reusable bottle. It's definitely paid for itself!

Here you pay a deposit on bottles, no way around it. However you can return those bottles and get that deposit back. The deposit is usually 25 cents but can be anywhere between 5 and 25, depending on the bottle. You return them to a machine which crushes them and recycles. It then prints off a voucher which you can then use on your shopping or just get the money back. Very encouraging way of recycling bottles in my opinion. Some bottles don't have is option so you don't pay a deposit but most bottles have the deposit.

Once we had boxes of fanta and sprite bottles in the basement and it totalled up to 20 euros worth of deposit. They only gathered up because I didn't have the car on the road at the time so that was nice. I don't understand why they don't do this everywhere.

I used to reuse a volvic bottle but it got a bit battered so got a sports bottle instead. Was still able to recycle and get my deposit back on it though even though it had seen better days xD

What a fab idea :thumbup:

I always do this. They are much better to have around than a glass with an inquisitive toddler. I keep meaning to buy a reusable one though.

I do - I refill with squash though as I'm not a fan of tap water. It's probably all in my head but to me it tastes different ;)

We do the same thing here in the US, but some states go by overall weight, so you have to collect enough to make it worthwhile. Pretty much all drink containers except for milk and booze have the deposit.

I have a collection of sports bottles and travel cups that I try to keep filled with ice and filtered water.

Think I need to get myself a reusable one, I'm forever leaving them on the window sill and then not sure whether it's safe to use again.

I use this one....

https://www.blacks.co.uk/equipment/127575-aladdin-clean-and-clover-bottle-0-7l-green.html

But I need to change it for another one because it's only a flip cap and I need a screw top really or one that stay leak free with an inquisitive toddler!

yep i always refill my water bottles. I have 3 big evian bottles that i use and use and use lol. I fill them with squash or water from my brita filter xx

I used to as well, but then decided to go with an actual water bottle that I take everywhere with me haha

We do the same thing here in the US, but some states go by overall weight, so you have to collect enough to make it worthwhile. Pretty much all drink containers except for milk and booze have the deposit.

I have a collection of sports bottles and travel cups that I try to keep filled with ice and filtered water.

Well, CA does that in the states, and I 10 other states, but not all the states. We don't do it here or any state around me. :shrug:

I use bottles when going out of the house sometimes. I don't refill often. #1 plastic is meant to be used once, it starts to degrade after a while. I also don't leave it in the car, or in the garage, because heat degrades the plastic faster.

I have a reusable glass bottle I use usually.

Where I live the recycling is by weight, but its any recyclable, not just plastic bottles. I get points every week when the trash people pick up/weigh my recycling can. It takes flipping forever to get enough points to get anything with it, though. I think it took me 4 years of recycling papers, cardboard, plastic bottles, etc to get enough points for 2 movie theater passes...that's ridiculous! LOL. better than getting nothing at all, though.

I refill mine for a while and then when they're knackered I recycle and get some more to start refilling :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->