Bottles and water

embojet

Molly and Ethan's Mummy
Reaction score
Molly is eating 3 meals a day plus 5 bottles (one of which is in the middle of the night still). Is this about normal once on 3 meals a day? Also, she wil only drink milk, have tried water and juice but she takes a few sips then it all dribbles out and she doesnt want any more, or she just chokes:dohh:. Should I push this a bit more now she is pretty much on solids?Another question Ive just thought of - she would easily eat more solids than I give her currently but Im a bit worried about her solids going up and milk going down. Is that ok or should I stick with what she has? Her milk intake has not changed at all since starting solids. This is what she has:
Breakfast: cereal + bottle
Lunch: half a jar+ bottle
Afternoon: bottle
Dinner: half a jar + half a jar dessert / fruit puree
bed time: bottle
3am(ish): bottle
(I havent added amounts of bottles as she is on a filling premie formula and you would all think Im starving her!)

she'll drop bottles whens he's ready hun! katie's only just started dropping them - she was on 5 8oz bottles a day and 3 huge meals (4 icecube things). with the water, just offer little and often and she'll get used to it, its a lot thinner and hard for them to get used to compared to milk! katie used to choke on it all the time!

she's still only young and milk should still be the main supply of nutrients and stuff. i found with katie, cos we had problems with BF and she didnt gain weight for a long time, she was drinking and eating tonnes to get her weight up and once she got to a steady weight (on the 75th centile thing) she just started dropping bottles!! might be something similar with molly cos she was a premmie??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->