Bought a pineapple today! Anyone care to share their experiences with it?!

Jess19

Reaction score
So rumor has it that pineapples can induce labor and possibly cause waters to break

Anyone else hear this?
Anyone have any stories to share?

I've heard that too... except the water breaking is new to me :)

It's the bromelain in the pineapple that is supposed to induce labor. Supposedly, the core is where the highest concentration falls, but even at that, I've heard you would have to eat so many pineapples to accomplish anything?!?! And it seems like you'd get diarrhea before the bromelain could kick in. However, that also seems to be the principle behind castor oil (although, I might be way off on that), and so many people swear by that! :shrug:

Good luck! I love pineapple, and I was eating it throughout pregnancy. Eating to induce is just permission to eat more of my favorite fruit :winkwink:

I guess i mentioned the waters thing because most stories i read they mentioned their waters breaking.

Im just curious to see if it works. I have Braxton Hixs every night, I'm having them now so not sure if its the pineapple or not lol

:haha: It very well could be!

I hope you get some examples!!

I'm sure the waters thing is probably a part of it... I can't believe I had never heard it.

Good luck!!

I tried it with my last baby but sorry to say all that happened to me was a sore mouth from the acidity and the runs for a day lol. I hope it works for you. Also i read its supposed to be like 15 pineapples?! :O haha

I'm so glad you ladies clarified that you were eating the pineapple. I had a total baby brain moment and thought the pineapple was going somewhere else to break the waters.

I bought a pineapple a week before my due date with Macie. I ate half of it at 38+6 and she was born at 39weeks exactly. I'm thinking coincidence but my waters exploded all over the bed during the early hours!

:haha::rofl: HAHAHA I almost died reading that, Breeelizabeth!!!

Yeah doesn't work harry was 2 weeks late I ate more pineapple in those 2 weeks and nothing only thing that worked was 2 sweeps 48 hours apart

I had vindaloo and pineapple two days before I went into labour on DD so not sure which helped lol

In the last 5 days, I have eaten 3 entire pineapples. An entire one, in one sitting. Not even the runs. Boo.

i ate a whole pineapple the other day nothing happened and my tongue hurt bad the next day :)

I've head this too. I tried this first time round and it did nothing a part from make my lips feel funny and my mouth

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->