Bought a skipping rope- will it accelerate weight loss?

porkypig

Reaction score
I've got half a stone to lose ad my weights stuck again. I haven't got time for exercise so have bought a skipping rope. If I skip every day, do you think it'll shift this last bit of lard? Xx

To lose a pound you need to burn off 3500 extra calories by eating less or exercising
you'll need to do a lot of skipping but any exercise is better than nothing!
Just to give you an idea, running burns about 10cals per minute depending on your weight
it is said that weight loss is 80% diet control and 20 % exercise so cutting down on what you eat is the key
x

To lose a pound you need to burn off 3500 extra calories by eating less or exercising
Just to give you an idea, running burns about 10cals per minute depending on your weight
it is said that weight loss is 80% diet control and 20 % exercise so cutting down on what you eat is the key
x

Thanks Hun, I already have a really strict 'diet' no bread, chocs, crisps, cakes, biscuits etc. no fried stuff, cut down on potatoes, no cheese etc, but my weights plateaued xx

x

Thanks Hun, I already have a really strict 'diet' no bread, chocs, crisps, cakes, biscuits etc. no fried stuff, cut down on potatoes, no cheese etc, but my weights plateaued xx

doing something different ie your skipping may give you the boost to get off your plateau!

good luck
x

Yeah, when you plateau, that means you body is used to what you're doing. You have to change something and shock your body back into losing weight. Simply changing the routine might not do it though.

If you know how to track your heart rate, or have a monitor, you should really look into high interval training. The key to exercising is not to just move your body around and get a little sweaty, you have to get your heart rate up.

Im sure it won't hurt hun once it gets your heart rate rising its all good. Ive been told by a personal trainer to lift heavy weights or if you have a kettle bell they are supposed to be brilliant. The heaviest weights you can manage the heavier the better x

Im sure it won't hurt hun once it gets your heart rate rising its all good. Ive been told by a personal trainer to lift heavy weights or if you have a kettle bell they are supposed to be brilliant. The heaviest weights you can manage the heavier the better x

Relly? I thought youd have to do cardio to lose weight not weights? X

Lifting weights is actually the best fat loss exercise. Cardio comes in 3rd, just after high interval training.

I made a post about it on my blog - I'll summarize here: Lifting is the best way to lose weight. You won't become a giant mass of muscle overnight, like so many women fear. By lifting, you force the muscles to eat away at your body fat because they need tons of nourishment to repair themselves.

Also, "the heavier the better" is good advice as long as you don't hurt yourself.

Lifting weights is actually the best fat loss exercise. Cardio comes in 3rd, just after high interval training.

I made a post about it on my blog - I'll summarize here: Lifting is the best way to lose weight. You won't become a giant mass of muscle overnight, like so many women fear. By lifting, you force the muscles to eat away at your body fat because they need tons of nourishment to repair themselves.

Also, "the heavier the better" is good advice as long as you don't hurt yourself.

thanks hun, this is interesting xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->