Bouncers for teenies

Lottie86

Mummy to Findlay & Iona
Reaction score
I'm planning to get a bouncer for I for when she arrives as I thought it might be handy for her to sit/play in when I'm doing F's physio etc and not sure how kindly he'd take to her using his beloved swing lol. As she's going to be very little for her gestation due to severe symmetrical iugr I'm not sure which one to get so thought I'd ask all of you which ones you found good when your LOs came home particularly those of you who had them come home whilst still very small.

I had a chicco one and it could lie down as well not sure of the name though xx

We actually found the most basic of bouncer was best for Andrew when he first came home (so 4lb+) - this was a Mothercare cotton cloth one, with head hugger.

Attachments

• P1020834.jpg
    P1020834.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 10
We brought a mamma annd papa's one, really simple and harry used it when he was at the hospital from about 3 pound and when he came home as well.

It was from Argos, only about 35quid, a bargain, it had a head hugger, some bears (not that harry was intrested it them) and it vibrated and played some music xx

err... not sure what you mean by bouncer... to me that's what you sit the baby in, hanging from a doorway and he/she err bounces up and down? I doubt you would put a baby that small sooo not sure what you mean :shrug: My son was a severe case of iugr too (assymetrical though) and came home very small - he did spend a lot of time in one of those vibrating chairs. Many people swear by them but I didn't find it did much

then again much of the baby lingo is different on the other side of the pond so I often find myself looking stuff up. At least I know what a pram and nappy are now (yes I had to look those up too) :haha:

https://www.mothercare.com/Comfort-...B004O0EQX4&pf_rd_p=223220727&pf_rd_s=bottom-1

This is what I mean by bouncer, something like this. It does get confusing with how everything is called something different the other side of the water :wacko:

Thanks girls for the suggestions so far! Trying to decide whether to order one before she's born or whether to wait until she's been born and come home so then we can actually try her in them (rather than using a 14lb F as a tester :haha:) and see which one she looks comfiest in :shrug:

We had a Graco I love my bear one, but alex was over 7lb when she came home. I think if maybe u check out toys r us (once everythings calmed down of course!) and you can see them for real. I think a bouncer that reclines fairly right back would be good?

We have to use the rainforest one for big chunk tori (which is lovely, it has a moving light up waterfall im sure you'd love, i find Tori likes watching it ;) because Alex has reclaimed the Graco one :rofl: shes watching 'Judas' in it as we speak :rofl:

We had and still have this one for Jessica

https://www.mothercare.com/Fisher-Price-Think-Pink-Bouncer/dp/B000M5FCUG

She fitted in it when we brought her home at 4lb 14oz and despite being used every day its still in fab condition (the cover comes off and is machine washable). We had got one of those chair inserts for preemie babies from Peany Weeny but to be honest she didnt need it. (although the car seat one was fab!)

We looked at quite a few but felt that some of them sat too vertical (iykwim) and relied on the babies weight to push it back but this one is more laid back.

I know Niamh was far from teeny but we have this one

https://www.mothercare.com/Precious...&pf_rd_i=0&pf_rd_p=231490887&pf_rd_s=center-7

Even now if she falls asleep in it you can change it so it lays right back. There are 4 different things you can adjust to get the right incline for LO's size and development.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->