Bouncing like a maniac on my birthing ball...

Mummy_to_be87

Reaction score
Does anyone know if I was to bounce like a maniac on my birthing ball for ages that it would start my contractions? or even break my water?

I have been having regular period cramp type pains yesterday and all through the night and I am hoping that something is going to come of them, Im so uncomfortable.

Has bouncing worked for anyone in the past? :happydance:

I'm being induced, but was on the birthing ball for 10 hours constant yesterday and 5 so far today lol! And nothing as of yet? But I'm sure they work!! Xxx

No idea but if it works for u please let me know! I'm desperate here lol x

I am going to get on it after my lunch settles and see what I can achieve!! I am desperate to be finished with this pregnancy and just want to get on with being a mummy!! So come on baby...work with mummy!!!!!! :rofl:

I went on a ball with dd for a whole week i sat and bounced on that thing and still nothing lol but it has worked for others so i see no harm in keeping what your doing hun, try walking up and down the stairs side ways thats ment to help :)

dont think break waters unless very week anyway
didnt help go into labour but helped when i did took some pressure out back 2 back pain.
helps lower baby for shorter pushing stage,i think it did for me with raspberry tea help ,i pushed 20min and out.

That sounds promising! What is raspberry leaf tea like? I dont like tea as it is?

I dunno if it put me in labor or not, but it definitely did help. My baby was nice and low for all of my bouncing, which does help to soften and dilate the cervix. It definitely worked for my sister. She bounced for a couple of hours one day, and her water worked the next. However, she also ended up with an 11 1/2 pound baby, so no wonder the bouncing made her water break. lol

Update on my bouncing sessions!! Yesterday baby had a high head and was worried induction wouldn't work and would have to go for section :( after 15 hours of solid bouncing I'm 2cm and head is in the pelvis :) going to have ARM when a midwife is free to take me to DS. So the ball worked for my purpose! Xx

How on earth do you find the time to bounce on your birthing ball for 15 hours?????!!! LOL xxx

I'm in hospital being induced....there's loads of time ;) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->