Bowel trouble (again!)

SugarNSpice27

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

I know constipation a common issue (I know because I've experienced it before and chronically in one pregnancy!) but what do you guys do when you struggle to go? I think it's due to increase progesterone?! but I struggle for a day or so (trapped wind is soooo painful!) and then it's fine for a bit (in fact a little opposite of constipated iykwim!) especially after a coffee hahaha. Isn't pregancy glamorous (not!).

Anyway, while I remember suffering from this before, unhelpfully, I don't remember what I did to relieve it...apart from adding more fibre and occasionally a dose of senna or glass of prune juice to, err, get things going. The last time, I used to go days without any movement and it was super uncomfortable :(

Sorry for the gross post!

xx

I’ve really struggled with it in this pregnancy and haven’t in my other pregnancies! No idea why it’s so bad this time!
I’ve sometimes found a coffee in the morning has helped. Increasing my fluid intake helps sometimes too. It’s such a pain though (literally!)

Pregnancy can be so glamorous. Lol I had it so bad in the beginning and occasionally now. Honestly, the only thing that has been helping me is that I increased my water intake a lot as I was barely drinking. My ob actually suggested I sit on the toilet at the same time every day in the late morning a little after breakfast and coffee then read or something for 10 minutes...after a few days it worked and now I go around the same time almost every day. So weird. Lol I also cut way back on sugary/carby foods and try to get some dark greens in every day as a salad, sautéed, or in a wrap. Stool softeners can help of it gets too too bad and there’s some tea’s or herbs.

I’ve really struggled with it in this pregnancy and haven’t in my other pregnancies! No idea why it’s so bad this time!
I’ve sometimes found a coffee in the morning has helped. Increasing my fluid intake helps sometimes too. It’s such a pain though (literally!)

Weird, isn't it?! I found coffee helps too with this and nausea!

Pregnancy can be so glamorous. Lol I had it so bad in the beginning and occasionally now. Honestly, the only thing that has been helping me is that I increased my water intake a lot as I was barely drinking. My ob actually suggested I sit on the toilet at the same time every day in the late morning a little after breakfast and coffee then read or something for 10 minutes...after a few days it worked and now I go around the same time almost every day. So weird. Lol I also cut way back on sugary/carby foods and try to get some dark greens in every day as a salad, sautéed, or in a wrap. Stool softeners can help of it gets too too bad and there’s some tea’s or herbs.

Increasing fluids is NEVER a bad thing (I never drink ebough anyway!) I know there is just so much going on in there and I do expect to feel it but sometimes just wish I didn't feel all of it!!!!

I had a really bad in my work couple weeks but I’ve found that walking lots and drinking loads of water is making it manageable. Also don’t eat things that give you gas cos then it’s just painful!

I had a really bad in my work couple weeks but I’ve found that walking lots and drinking loads of water is making it manageable. Also don’t eat things that give you gas cos then it’s just painful!
Very good advice! I got massively dehydrated yesterday (driving to London from Devon) and was super uncomfortable all day :( Milk of Magnesia has also been amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->