Boy name with M

dg2016

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

We are expecting our first child in about 3 months. A baby boy! However we still can't decide on a name. I realize even if we pick a name now things may change when he arrives, however I'd love to hear some suggestions and thoughts from others.

Background:
We name after the dead (we are Jewish). In this case we are naming after my Father who passed when I was only 18. His name was Martin (Marty). I do NOT want to use that name as it's "too weird" to have the same exact name. I just don't feel comfortable. But we are sticking with "M" for the first name.

As for middle name my wife had suggested Samuel. As I found out there is no significance to that name. It's simply one she liked. She would be open to any other middle name. So feel free to suggest one if you would like to.

Dilemma:
Not sure which name to pick. Personally, I like Matthew (Matt) but the wife does NOT so this is out. I also thought about Micheal but she does not like it. Below are some names we are thinking of. What are your thoughts? Does anyone have another suggestion?? Remember the middle name can be changed too.

Mark Samuel (this was the first choice by wife. But after I suggested we think about other names she sort of changed her mind)

Maxwell Samuel (this is the one she is thinking of now. Perhaps different middle name though. Not sure how I feel about Maxwell. I tend to like just Max. But not sure I like this name)

We had also thought about Morgan, but I think that's officially out by now.

Any thoughts? Suggestions? Opinions. I'd love to hear from others. And remember, if you have a better middle name I'd love to hear it.

I forgot to mention we also thought about Morgan but I'm fairly sure that's out now too

I love Maxwell from the names you suggested. I prefer Max to Maxwell but that's just me personally. I think Samuel could work as a middle name depending on how many syllables your last name has. Maxwell Samuel Johnson, for example, sounds quite robotic to me as they're all two syllables (perhaps this is the way I say it?) but it would work with a longer last name, or at least I think so.

Other M names to consider could be Miles, Milo, Mason and Micah.

I like Marty! Max is nice but I'm not a fan of Maxwell personally. I also like pp's Milo and Micha.

Other suggestions: Marcus, Miles, Malachi

I like Maxwell and prefer it to just Max, but I'm a fan of formal names with nickname options.

I've always thought Malcolm was super cute but probably an acquired taste! If you like Matt but your wife doesn't like Matthew, what about Matteo nn Matt? Unless it's the Matt part that she doesn't like of course.

Mason
Malachai
Micah
Melvin
Maxwell
Mitchell
Mordecai
Maddox
Morris
Maximillian
Monroe
Marcus

Middle name suggestions:
Luke/Lucas
James
Paul
Elliot
Reese
David
Nolan

My boyfriend is called Maxwell,I like it but usually call him Max. My son is called Matthew. I love it.

Could you use your dads middle name instead if he had one?
If not, how about:

Marwell
Micky
Marcus
Murray
Mattias
Marley
Marlow

Of your two options I prefer Maxwell.

Other M names I like are Myles and Marshall.

I like Maxwell best out of the names you have listed, but I don't think it flows very well with Samuel as the middle name.

Other suggestions:
Maxwell Thomas
Maxwell William
Maxwell Henry

Having said that, I'm not sure of your last name, so those obviously might not flow well either.

I like Samuel as a name, just not with Maxwell.

Other suggestions:
Micah Samuel
Milo Samuel
Martin Samuel (know you don't want Martin, but it sounds really good :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member