Boy name with my name :S ?

Scarlett P

Busy baking #2 💕
Reaction score
Hello!!!!

I'm after your thoughts and opinions please ladies :flower:

So we've always had a name in mind if we have a girl, but we can't agree on a boys name AT ALL :wacko: and then my mum suggested a name that we finally like HURRAH. But now I've thought about it some more, I think the reason my mum likes it so much is it's basically my name :haha:

So the boy name is Luca and my name is Lucie (Lucy)... is it just too close and therefore weird and like I'm totally up myself?! :blush: :shrug::dohh:

My OH is Johnty, so we'd be Johnty, Lucie and Luca (and Luca's middle names would be John Dudley after my OH and grandfathers)

Having said that after posting my scan pic today everyone seems to think it's a girl...so maybe it won't be a problem...yet!

I think Luca John is fine

if you're worried you could spell it Luka (i know a boy with this spelling) or use Lukas and nickname it

I like Luca, and I wouldn't worry about it being too close to your name.

I like it and I dont think it will be odd with your name.

If I'm honest I didn't even register that your names were similar! :dohh: I had to reread your post to see what you were on about!..... The spelling looks similar but saying it sounds completely different x

Plus, many people name their sons after the father and no one thinks that's upity x

I don't think they sound similar at all and Luca is a gorgeous name!

:flower:

I don't think they sound too similar either!

I do like the suggestion of Lucas/Lukas perhaps and nn Luca or even change it to Luke if you like? Either way it's a nice name :)

I don't think it's an issue at all. I really like the name.

Thanks ladies :hugs: you've all put my mind at rest and I really appreciate it :flower:

I guess I was a bit paranoid as the two names do mean the same thing - "light", but for us it's perfect as my BFP was a long time coming and we were told it may not happen without a lot of help!

Thanks again :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->