Boy or girl, which do you prefer??

C

cherrym

I wanna know if anyone cares about the gender of your baby? And your attitude toward this issure? Thx for your participate!:happydance:

I don't "prefer" either. I have two boys, I love my boys. They're sweet, loving, caring, goofy, curious and so outgoing. They're a bundle of fun, and the joys of my life! I'm pregnant with my third child, and I am in this forum because I desperately want to add a daughter to our family.

It's a pretty simple concept, I just want the experience of dresses, and hair bows... A little girl to go and get our hair done together, or nails perhaps. My mother and I are best friends, I've always had such a great relationship with my mom (my dad too!!) and even though I expect to have the same relationship with my boys, I want to talk girly things with a daughter!! Boys tend to be more private with their feelings and experiences, and girls tend to share and keep you involved. It's not a 100% foolproof thing. It's just the ideas I have in my head.

I want to experience the other side of parenting a little girl. My eldest son is also desperately expecting a sister. I want to shop on the other side of the store... I want to learn how to do her hair... I have toys I have kept from my childhood, very girly toys, that I would like to give to her...

My attitude towards "gender disappointment" and wanting one gender over another is, I get it. I'm there. It's not something you can understand unless you have felt it. Just like so many other things in life. Everyone has their own varying degree of gender disappointment. Mine is a deep deep desperate desire for a daughter. But I would never ever regret having another child that turned out to be a boy, I've never wished either of my son's were girls. If this child is a boy, it will be okay. I will just be sad I won't ever get the daughter I so desperately wanted. It's a real, painful feeling for so many people. And people shouldn't be treated like criminals for feeling the desire for one gender over another.

Ultimately, the majority of people let it go, move and on and realize that child is perfect for their family.

:flower:

I'm the same, I've had 3 boys. One now an angel :-(
I love my boys so very much but after 3 I also craved the daughter I never thought I would have. Bit boy or girl a baby is a blessing x

I don't prefer either I have always wanted to have a boy and always wanted a girl too, I have my boy now and would live another boy as my son is amazing id love to give him a brother. I also still want my little girl as i never had a sistrr growing up so having a girl is quitr important to me and id happily keep popping babies till i got my princess lol I have always wanted a large family i love children, if my next baby is a girl id thibk about stopping at two if my next is a boy id keep trying for a girl.
It doesnt really worry me though.

I wanted all girls before, now I LOVE another boy if I was so blessed to have another. They are truely amazing, and I didn't understand how wonderful they really were until I had my son. I would love if the next is a girl too, cause my husband wants a daughter so bad. First time around I was so set on having a girl and so disappointed he was a boy, next time around I won't be fussed at all. I know how much I love my child now, and no matter what gender I will love that baby just as much. Even if I had 10 boys and no girls, no disappointment from me next time around :)

We both really, really want a boy. DH is from a long line of only boys in his family and my brother died 5 years ago (no other siblings). I know our parents want a boy too, all my friends have boys except one so I'd have tons of hand me downs. We find out next week and I'm glad I have that day off in case it's not the outcome we want.

I also don't prefer a certain sex. I just FEEL I would bond better with a girl. I have an amazing relationship with my mum and my little sister, so I wanted a daughter to carry all these relationships on.

Also, my OH isn't a mans man, he doesn't like football or anything like that, so a girl would suit him a lot better.

I'm very much looking forward to the arrival of my princess.
xoxox

I had always wanted a little brother when I was little (only child) and maybe that's why I wanted a boy when i first got pregnant. It was a boy, and I was over the moon. Sadly he was stillborn at 33 weeks and 4 months later I got pregnant again and lost it at 5 weeks and then again a month later and my second son was born just over a year after his brother.
I later divorced and remarried and my second husband marginally preferred a girl as he was bringing my son up since the age of just under 2, but I wanted another boy (someone once said to me it's a psychological thing related to specific gender loss and the desire to have same sex babies as the one lost stems from there, and having a different gender baby straight after a loss can make the loss more pronounced). I have to say I was slightly surprised to have a girl, having had 2 boys I wasn't sure if i was a "girl" person. Nearly 3 years later I got pregnant again and it was another girl. I admit i got quite upset thinking I was going to get another one like my daughter (who is extremely clever but very demanding, moans a lot, used to throw massive tantrums and is quite mean to her brother at times, while my son was a very active but not tantrumy as a baby and never screamed and was always quite happy, and he still is like that, very active but not loud and moaning, he is nearly 9. My daughter always finds faults with everything :D
But my youngest daughter is so completely different. She is more like my son used to be, she is sometimes naughty but never screams for ages and is very nice to everyone....
My son and daughter now want a lil brother just to even things out lol, but looking at my youngest I would probably not mind boy or girl as long as they are a little bit like her :)
I think gender preferences are always a result of something and sometimes it is hidden so deep down we might not even fully understand it ourselves.x

I think another reason for me not wanting a girl was my relationship with my mum, who was never that close to me and have always been much closer to my dad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->