Boycotting Eastenders!

~NEL~

Reaction score
Anybody else not watching it when the kat/ronnie baby swapping storyline kicks in??x

See I started various threads convering ths about a month a go and also sent a complaint into BBC aswell as Eastenders. I don-not agree with it what so ever and think the folowing story of steeling and swapping babies is sooo wrong on so many levels. I have been in 2minds of watching this and think I have decided to watch it, although I may not agree but I want to see if they tacle this in a caring, considered, reasearch way as they said they would do. It will make me very sad, but I am going to watch sum it all up and if I think its thats bad i'll then write another complaint into the BBC although they never bothered replying to my last reply

I won't be watching. I know people that have been through this tragedy (SIDS, not the stupid baby-swapping bit). I know having a TV show doing the story is upsetting them even more. There's going to be lots of people re-living what they've been through because of it.

I don't see the point.. It isn't entertaining.. it's just another 'shock' thing.

I have two friends who have babies due in the next few days, they're both terrified before they've even seen it.

The BBC have had a lot of complaints already and have cut bits out of the show. I read about the stuff that was cut, it sounded horrific :nope:

I don't know how the BBC can be so insensitive.

i dont watch it anyways but i totally disagree with the story line, very poor taste

I won't because I got totally stressed the other day when Jean wouldn't give Lilly back to Stacey, ever since having LO I just can't cope with a Mum being prevented of her own baby, which is exactly what Ronnie will be doing to Kat.

I have always thought, as soon as I heard, that the storyline is very distateful and that they will not be able to give the topic the delicacy and sensitivity it deserves.

My Sis is pregnant and due in Feb, she has had a very difficult pregnancy and I warned her not to watch the show she could not mentally cope with the subject (e.g recently the snow freaked her out), I just hope they do some sort of pre-warning at the start of the episode or something to people can switch off if needs be.9

I wont be watching it either. Usually watch it all the time but i completley disagree with the story line.

xxx

I stopped watching it as soon as i heard about the story line

EE dont give a damn about offcom so there is little point in complaining. They do care however about ratings.. hence why they're doing this SL in the first place, SHOCK factor. If you feel very strongly about it, don't give them your viewing.
I doubt I will be watching, it's terrible.

My prob is OH is going to watch it which is annoying as he will be giving them the ratings, I'll have to try and distract him!

I aint watchin, i am being forced to watch Hole in the Wall on Sky+

v XXX

Nope, I'm not watching it. I don't want them to get good ratings for this so I won't be part of their viewing figures.

I didn't know about the whole storyline until I watched it yesterday and my heart kept beating throughout and I kept holding on to my tummy.

I kept praying that I would never be tested by God with such a tragedy an I'm not even pregnant.

I can't even BEGIN to imagine how angel mummies must feel or pregnant women!

The ending just topped it off. It was done in extremely bad taste. Shame on them.

I dont know what to think about it. I will watch but I dont know how it will play off? x

I refuse to watch it! I think fair enough doing the story on sids as it is real thing that happens unfortunatly! BUT the swapping babies! dont be silly! first of all you would know that is not your child! you would mourn your child not replace him! i am appauled in eastenders and i will not be watching it! xxx

I'm going to watch.....u know its not real life its a soap i dont understand why people get so funny about it, why bother complaining just dont watch it, we all know whats going to happen if u dont like it dont watch it, i'll be watching. Havent you got anything better to do then complain about it, you havent even watched it yet????

I have no desire to watch it at all, unfortunately my OH is a bit of an EE addict and so won't boycott the episodes x

i watch it im ttc and this story line is soo upsetting, i was screaming at the tv just a min ago when it was on. what a horrible feeling it is.

I'm going to watch.....u know its not real life its a soap i dont understand why people get so funny about it, why bother complaining just dont watch it, we all know whats going to happen if u dont like it dont watch it, i'll be watching. Havent you got anything better to do then complain about it, you havent even watched it yet????

For some people they've been through this...it may not be real life but why make a SIDs storyline and then a baby swap for entertainment purposes? Ladies on here have been through their baby dying and it's making a mockery of their situation imho. So yes I do agree with those sitting and complaining about it despite it not being real life as this is just gonna further alienate those mothers whos babies have died in such circumstances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->