Boycotting Eastenders!

I'm going to watch.....u know its not real life its a soap i dont understand why people get so funny about it, why bother complaining just dont watch it, we all know whats going to happen if u dont like it dont watch it, i'll be watching. Havent you got anything better to do then complain about it, you havent even watched it yet????

Yes we all knows its not real life as you pointed out, but its still in extremely bad taste to suggest that the death of a baby can be made easier by swapping!!! As an angel mum no baby could have ever made me feel better after losing my son.
Understandably, you probably have a completely different view point as a mum who has never had to deal with loss/death of their baby. and i am glad you have not suffered this pain or loss, but i think that is why most of us are getting very wound up and angry about the story line as it can make us re-live the pain.
i hope this does not come across as having a go as i am really not, i am just trying to let you know why we are complaining!

I'm going to watch.....u know its not real life its a soap i dont understand why people get so funny about it, why bother complaining just dont watch it, we all know whats going to happen if u dont like it dont watch it, i'll be watching. Havent you got anything better to do then complain about it, you havent even watched it yet????

Wth ??!!

So what if its just a soap, its disgusting the way they have brought this story about, i think pretty much 99.9% of people are in agreement that a well written sids storyline highlighting the issue and what people go through in a delicate way .. would have been acceptable.

But swapping dead babies to get ratings is pure insensitive.

I have never lost a child but i cannot bring myself to watch it its absolutely vile.

I think all angel mums have every right to complain about such a twisted story purely invented for ''entertainment'' purposes.

I remember now watching loose women or this morning when Shane Ritchie was on - before he was back in EE on screen and he was saying how his storyline was like nothing ever seen before its gonna be huge all with a massive grin on his face, yeah really funny. :/

i think its incredibly insensitive saying basically get over it,angels mummies have been through this pain you have no right

:hugs: to angel mummies and floaty kisses to all the little angels

xxx

:dohh: :dohh: :dohh:

Thank you for pointing out this isn't real life - I'd almost forgot there in the midst of getting 'funny about it' & complaining :dohh:

If people kept quiet about things when they didn't like them then god knows what type of world we would be living in!

People have EVERY right to complain about this storyline, whether (god forbid) they have had to go through something associated with the storyline, or whether they just feel it's insensitive and offensive. Your suggestion that everyone shuts up about it & just doesn't watch it would mean that nothing got said and that is wrong. I have some close friends who are affected by issues Eastenders have pathetically tried to portray so yes, I'm going to complain, as are thousands across the country.

Quite ironic you're suggesting if people don't like it then they shouldn't watch it, then here you are replying to a thread where people are complaining....telling them not to....seems a waste of your time to me. If you don't like it, don't watch it (your words, not mine!)

sorry but how do any of you know what i have been through, i dont put my whole life story on here, funny i knew people were going to go off on one, i can have my say to you know and i dont think they are trying to say you can ease your pain of your baby dying by swapping it, love the way people people are trying to put words into my mouth, i stick with what i say i dont see a problem, eastender have done lots of different baby storyline no one gets funny with them, anyway feel free to keep bashing me

I think people have gone off on one because of your total lack of empathy and flippant remarks about ''haven't you got anything better to do'' I imagine every single angel mum who's had to read/hear about this storyline would love something else to think about.

Im quite shocked you can say something like that on a baby forum where numerous parents have lost their babies and think nothing of it tbh.

Ladies can we try and keep this sociable please and at the end of the day everyone is entitled to there own opinion but we shouldn't start having a go at eachother or targeting people. I can understand both sides and like I said everyone is entitled to there own opinion. I started a thread for this more then a month a go with 100's of responses and not one person become B****Y because it can be discussed rather then argued or debated. It's down to everyone's own choice if they choose to watch it or not. Personally I think the story was bad but I still watched it because I wanted to see how they handled the story. But one thing I will say without getting slated hopefully, I must state i thnk the storyline is awful and thy should not be doing it but there was not this much uproar when they stories come out about:

Stacey being reped by Archie
Whitney being abused by Tony from such a young age
Phil being a crack addict
Billy drinking himself to death
Lucy having an abortion
Janine stealing Lily and almost killing them on a train track
Archie having his skull caved in
Jeans and staceys Bipolla

The stories unforunally are never ending exactly like this one, they will continue to make stories like this for awareness and for ratings and it will never change, i understand emotions are running high and my heart goes out to every Angel mum out there and i have friends and family that are and feel for them deeply

Please bare in mind what I stated though, I didn't agree with the story and everyone is entitled to there own opinion. Not looking for an argument. My heart goes out to every angel mum, I have friends and family that are angel mums and i feel for them deeply :hugs:

I think the point is SIDS storylines can be done sensitively and to raise awareness.. Hollyoaks managed it with the Baby Grace SL. Easties have done their SL to get the ''shock factor'', they have admitted that they are about shock television. Adding the baby swap is in incredibly bad taste. Though as I have said before, complaining to offcom they do not care about, EE only care about their ratings, if you want to prove your point.. don't watch :).

love the way people people are trying to put words into my mouth, i stick with what i say i dont see a problem, eastender have done lots of different baby storyline no one gets funny with them, anyway feel free to keep bashing me

Where has anyone put words in your mouth? All I can see is direct quotes!

Bit shocked that you still can't see a problem after people replied explaining why what you said was pretty offensive, and why they may be upset or angry about the storyline.....

No one has been 'bashing you' so please stop playing the victim. If you stick by what you say then fine, but you have to accept people might not agree with you & that doesn't mean they're 'bashing you'!!!

look that was my opinion thats all, u might not agree with it thats fine, i wish i had never said anything now and i feel upset about the way people have been to me, we all have are own opinion and i respect that, why not respect mine, please no one reply to this cause i wont be posting in this bit again.

look that was my opinion thats all, u might not agree with it thats fine, i wish i had never said anything now and i feel upset about the way people have been to me, we all have are own opinion and i respect that, why not respect mine, please no one reply to this cause i wont be posting in this bit again.

IMO you can't make sweeping statements like you don't understand why people are getting upset about it (and then saying you stand by what you said even when people explain this) and ask people if they have nothing better to do than complain......& not expect a reaction on such an emotive subject.

It wasn't your opinion that was the problem, it was the way it was put across - the comment about having nothing better to do than complain was rude and that's what initially made me reply because it annoyed me & I thought it was insensitive.

If you want to be dramatic and make out you've been picked on or whatever and won't post here again, then fine.....it's not the case though :nope:

Is there somewhere to complain to? If someone has already can you PM me plz xx

I won't be watching. I know people that have been through this tragedy (SIDS, not the stupid baby-swapping bit). I know having a TV show doing the story is upsetting them even more. There's going to be lots of people re-living what they've been through because of it.

I don't see the point.. It isn't entertaining.. it's just another 'shock' thing.

I have two friends who have babies due in the next few days, they're both terrified before they've even seen it.

The BBC have had a lot of complaints already and have cut bits out of the show. I read about the stuff that was cut, it sounded horrific :nope:

Thats exactly it... At the end of the day, its a soap. People dont watch them to feel uncomfortable or get upset, they watch them to be entertained. I know I certainly dont sit down to Eastenders thinking oooh how uncomfortable and distasteful is tonights episode gonna be. I watch cos its (usually) entertaining. So i dont get why they would put the baby swap storyline in, I hate watching it but for some reason still do :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->