Boys name down to 2 options.... opinions please!!!

Mumtodogs

Reaction score
So my Mum is Irish and all my brothers and sisters and me have Irish names. We have decided to keep that going with our little boy.

Our 2 front runners are Dara and Connall.

I really like them both, they go well with the middle name (my maiden name) and we both like them...

Do people have any opinions?

Nice names, I think I prefer connall :)

I like Dara best (I personally prefer Dana even more though but I think thats more american)

I like Dara but not being Irish I'd think it was a girls' name. Not that that should be an issue but just something to keep in mind.

I personally prefer Conall but the only Dara I know is a woman so it kinds of blurs my view on that one.

Thanks for the opinions! I'd never thought of Dara as a girls name, but it's nice actually! Haha, I think my family would wonder what the hell I was doing if I named a girl it though.

I love Connall but the nickname is 'con' which I'm not so keen on.

I find Dara as a girls name odd too... its not like people like Dara O'Brian are particularly feminine lol

Do you pronounce Connall like 'CONN-ul' or like 'Con-ALL'?

I think I like Dara best, but if not for Dara O'Brian I would've guessed it was a girl's name too. So it depends if that bothers you.

I like Dara (darragh) or donnacha.

Do you pronounce Connall like 'CONN-ul' or like 'Con-ALL'?

I think I like Dara best, but if not for Dara O'Brian I would've guessed it was a girl's name too. So it depends if that bothers you.

It's con-ol (or it is at least for us that don't have strong Irish accents) my mum says it slightly differently.

I love Dara O'Briain, I went to see him live and I've never laughed so much in my life!

I love Dara... Know a gorgeous little boy called it, never thought of it as a girls name (but then I'm from an Irish family!)

I love the traditional spelling he uses though which is Daire :)

Thanks guys! We've been trying Dara out for the last few weeks and it's sticking nicely I think

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->