Boys names with R and M

lfrans

Reaction score
I want to name my son with the initials M and R after his great grandparents. Any and all suggestions are appreciated!

Micah
Mitchell
Michael
Montgomery
Monty
Maurice
Matthew
Marcus/Mark
Martin

Ryan
Richard
Ralph
Ross
Rusty
Russell
Rhett
Riley
Rees/Rhys
Rider
Ryker

For boys, I love the names Reese and Mattan (which means 'gift')

Thanks!!
I actually know the name Mattan and we were considering it. My DH is more traditional than me and wasnt sure. We are giving double names (english and hebrew) so we may use it for the hebrew name

I have a Morgan, dh is Matthew and brother is Michael.

I like Reuben as an r name x

Thanks!!
I actually know the name Mattan and we were considering it. My DH is more traditional than me and wasnt sure. We are giving double names (english and hebrew) so we may use it for the hebrew name

Yay! We also did hebrew and english, and really struggled to find a single name that worked well in both languages. It's probably much easier to give a different name completely in hebrew than in english (That's what I have). You could also use the M or the R exclusively in the hebrew name, and name something else in English.

We ended up naming my son Jonah (hebrew: Yoni) and middle name Solomon after my grandfater.

Where in Canada are you? I'm in Toronto :thumbup:

clever name - Im from Montreal. I think we both want to use the same letter for both names. We have some ideas for names, but Im a second guesser and wanted us to be sure :)
For hebrew, Ill be the one giving the tips, DH knows very little about hebrew names, especially more modern ones. I was thinking either Meir or Mattan (Meir being DH's grandfather) and for R, thats where I struggle a bit more, because its after my grandmother, so my mom actually recently heard the name Rhoee, that seemed nice, if not maybe reuben or raphael or something.. With the R its complicated also because we know we will give next baby first letter R again after my grandmother
We made a deal prior to knowing the sex, that if it was a boy we would name after DH grandfather and if it was a girl we would name after my grandmother. I got a bit emotional when we found out it was a boy. I was extremely close to my grandmother and felt funny not naming our baby after her, so we agreed to middle name this time and 1st name next time (regardless of sex).

We think for R middle name we will go with Ryan, we both like the name and would never use it as a 1st name since DH is Bryan!

clever name - Im from Montreal. I think we both want to use the same letter for both names. We have some ideas for names, but Im a second guesser and wanted us to be sure :)
For hebrew, Ill be the one giving the tips, DH knows very little about hebrew names, especially more modern ones. I was thinking either Meir or Mattan (Meir being DH's grandfather) and for R, thats where I struggle a bit more, because its after my grandmother, so my mom actually recently heard the name Rhoee, that seemed nice, if not maybe reuben or raphael or something.. With the R its complicated also because we know we will give next baby first letter R again after my grandmother
We made a deal prior to knowing the sex, that if it was a boy we would name after DH grandfather and if it was a girl we would name after my grandmother. I got a bit emotional when we found out it was a boy. I was extremely close to my grandmother and felt funny not naming our baby after her, so we agreed to middle name this time and 1st name next time (regardless of sex).

We think for R middle name we will go with Ryan, we both like the name and would never use it as a 1st name since DH is Bryan!

Lol - then we better not talk about bagels!

Meir is really nice too!

I totally know what you mean. We had three grandparents to name after (my Hubby's brother did not name after their grandmother even though she passed away a few months before my niece was born - they are Israeli, and they claim they don't name after people, but we decided we wanted to anyways - it is such a part of the North American jewish culture that I couldn't not do it).

So with my first baby, we named him after my grandfather (middle name was his name, Solomon), and we decided with the 2nd baby that we would name after Hubby's grandmother. Now that we've found out this baby is a girl, and most likely our last baby, I'm a little emotional about it too, and want to also name after my Bube, who I was extremely close too. Sooooo, we are looking for E and A names that are hebrew or translate well to hebrew (Grandmothers were Anne and Esther).

It's so hard!! Good luck!!

Oh, and I heard Rohee in Israel, and I think it's a beautiful modern name - apparently it's getting really popular over there.........

My friend's daughter is Eden (with a soft first e) her ex was israeli, so its a hebrew name.

My friends son is called Nixon. I thought that was quite unusual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->