BP 130/91! 38 was today. Will they induce?

Rhapsodi

Reaction score
So I was last seen at 35+4 and my blood pressure was slightly raised. This morning I checked it again since I have an appointment later today and I figured it would be lower than if it was done in the office. It was 130/91!

This morning I did wake up with a headache but it went away with Tylenol (it is starting to come back). It felt like my neck was out of alignment (which is a trigger for headaches for me).

Any thoughts on what they will do?

If they want to induce any chance they would let me take my older boys to the dentist this afternoon first?

My typical bp when I'm not pregnant is 120/80. Since I've been pregnant it's been much lower 110/70 (or lower). So I know they won't take this lightly. I don't have noticeable swelling.

No advice just wanted to wish you luck for whatever happens :hugs: xxxx

I just gt back from my appointment. They are not inducing me yet!

At the clinic my pb was 134/76.

My mw said it is borderline but thought it would be ok to just wait and see what happens. She does suspect my bp will continue to rise and I'll end up getting induced if baby doesn't come soon.

Next week I'll be bringing my bags to the appointment just incase!

I think I'll be nesting this week to ensure it all gets done now that I had this freak out this am!

Glad everything was ok at your appointment :)
I think your doing the best thing by ensuring that evereverything is prepared by your next appointment just incase xx

your bd from your appointment looks ok hun. Thats roughly where mine has sat all through my pregnancy. The hospitals dont worry until it gets to high 80's/90's. xx

130/91 seems higher, 134/76 sounds fine!
I had a nightmare in my last pregnancy, i had high blood pressure that was up and down since 29 weeks. It would be 140/90-150/100 at midwife appointments and then come back down at the Mau! Towards the end, it did stay up, i had a few nights on the wards and ended up on medication to control it. The medication didn't work very well and it was still high 90's-101 diastolic in the end with traces of protein. They did agree to induce me at 37 weeks. Baby is now almost 1month old! Unfortunately i am still on the medication though as Bp didn't want to come down after delivery :dohh:

best of luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->