Bp anyone?

gemstone

mother
Reaction score
I have suffered with pre e, eclampsia & hellp in previous pregnancies. All have been emergency inductions at 37weeks. Today I was feeling a little funny to my bp it was 155/70 a lot higher than it has been sitting normal is around 115/60-70. I took it an hour later to check & it was 150/70. So still up but not way up like it has been before but definitely on the rise. Now my consultant said to me of either the top or the bottom number goes up (top number more than 20 or bottom more than 15) to be seen. I called adau & the mw didn't seem concerned even given I'm a high risk pregnancy & under consultant lead care. Anyone know anything about bp should I ask for a second opinion or do you think it sounds ok? Thanks x

I had pre e with my first pregnancy and would ask for a second opinion in your situation - especially as you've been told to be seen with bp increases like you are currently having. This pregnancy I have been told that if I see any sudden bp jumps, especially if I'm having other symptoms, that I should go to labour and delivery to get checked.

Good luck! Hope it's nothing to worry about :)

I had pre e with my first pregnancy and would ask for a second opinion in your situation - especially as you've been told to be seen with bp increases like you are currently having. This pregnancy I have been told that if I see any sudden bp jumps, especially if I'm having other symptoms, that I should go to labour and delivery to get checked.

Good luck! Hope it's nothing to worry about :)

Thanks Hun. Well I have been. I have been seeing blue pulsing circle in my eye that spins when I feel funny. Also hands & feet have started to swell too. Headaches twitchy. Legs driving me mad. Iron count is fine tho.. I'm going to check it again & if it's still up I'm going to ask to see my consultant. Thank you again x

I would get a second opinion for sure, especially with your history. My doctor never seems worried about the second number as much as the first. If the first number is even close to being borderline high she takes note and concern, even if the second number is still within normal range.

If you are worried, I would say phone the hospital and explain the symptoms you are having (visual disturbances, headaches, swelling), and that you have a history of pre-eclampsia. I would think you should be seen and at least have some bloods taken to hopefully rule it out and reassure everyone if the results are OK.
Some healthcare providers will not pay much attention if you say you've taken your own BP as automated machines (which I'm assuming is what you used?) are not always accurate, so maybe don't mention it and see if you have any more luck :)

Definitely get a second opinion. If the consultant said you should be seen in those circumstances, insist on being seen. Especially witht he other symptoms that you described

Thanks ladies I wi get a second opinion. I just done a reading it was 148/90. Going to wait an hour & check it again. If it's still up I'll call & get checked out

If you are worried, I would say phone the hospital and explain the symptoms you are having (visual disturbances, headaches, swelling), and that you have a history of pre-eclampsia. I would think you should be seen and at least have some bloods taken to hopefully rule it out and reassure everyone if the results are OK.
Some healthcare providers will not pay much attention if you say you've taken your own BP as automated machines (which I'm assuming is what you used?) are not always accurate, so maybe don't mention it and see if you have any more luck :)

Thanks Hun. It's a semi automatic. So I have to pump it up like th manual 1. I checked it again and it was 148/90. My normal bp is about 115/60-70

I was induced for pre-e at 36 weeks my bp never went over 145/90 so your number are a concern i would just go in and get checked with your history better to be aafe

Your numbers are too high, I'm surprised your midwife wasn't bothered. Especially with your history. Hope you're getting sorted now x

I was induced for pre-e at 36 weeks my bp never went over 145/90 so your number are a concern i would just go in and get checked with your history better to be aafe

See mine have been as high as 218/128! 😱 that was just before I had my eclamptic fit. But these are the highest it's been in this pregnancy me. I will get checked thank you

Your numbers are too high, I'm surprised your midwife wasn't bothered. Especially with your history. Hope you're getting sorted now x

That's what I thought. She wasn't my mw. She was a Mw at adau. She was terrible.. She wrote in my noted palpitations but she never even touched me & said baby was free, head down & ROT. I'm going to follow it up.. That's a bit naughty to make something up when she shouldn't have wrote in it if she didn't do it 😱

You definitely need to be seen with those symptoms, I'm really surprised the mw didn't seem concerned. Anyway, I hope you've been checked out by now and all is okay!

You definitely need to be seen with those symptoms, I'm really surprised the mw didn't seem concerned. Anyway, I hope you've been checked out by now and all is okay!

Thanks Hun. I know I was surprised too! i really should have gone today. But I have been so busy 😕. I have been getting more painful bh today & lost some plug.. So hopefully it's just that making my bp higher than normal

Went in today to have my bloods done. And I asked if she would take my bp for me as I had been getting some numbers at home I wasn't happy with it came out as 140/88. Which I know isn't wildly high but definitely up. She said that normal 😱😕. I said for whom? And she didn't seem bothered it was the same woman that I questioned the fact she had writen in my notes that something she hadn't done. She said that it didn't matter at this stage what way baby was lying. I said well it kind of does and you shouldn't make up stuff that didn't happen. I told her I was making a formal complaint as when I come in my consultant is meant to be bleeped as I'm such high risk. Livid at the standard of care 😱 shocking!! Waiting for a call about my bloods now

That's good you had the courage to have it out with her! It's not acceptable at all for her to make up lies in your notes. Hope your bloods come back ok

That's good you had the courage to have it out with her! It's not acceptable at all for her to make up lies in your notes. Hope your bloods come back ok

Thankfully they came back fine. My levels were 7.5 & they worry if it's over 12. So glad that's ok.. But as soon as I see my consultant on Wednesday I will be having a proper moan. Coz I feel she doesn't know what she is meant to be doing 😱. Coz everyone's bp is different. My bp has been 110-120/60-70 for months. So for those numbers to just pop is worrying me.. She didn't even check my urine for protein. The liver test wasn't the right one for PET bloods.
So that will need to be done again on Wednesday to check my uric acid x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->