bradley method vs mindfullness

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by qpaulina42, Jan 24, 2011.

1. qpaulina42

qpaulina42 Well-Known Member

Hello ladies of third trimester,
    I thought I would ask you wise ones about this - I have to choose between a bradley method child birthing class and a mindfullness child birthing class. Has anyone any input about either, or perhaps which one I should choose? Many thanks!

2. eclipse

eclipse Mom of 2 wonderful kids!

I honestly have no idea what a mindfulness birthing class is, so I can't help here. Which one sounds more like the style of birth you would like to try? Can you take both?

3. qpaulina42

they sound similar except I don't get the bradley method entirely.... I don't think I can do both, but maybe it's worth considering. Has anyone done the bradley method? What's it like?

4. qpaulina42

5. eclipse

eclipse Mom of 2 wonderful kids!

hmmm...sounds like it encompasses a lot of the other teachings, including Lamaze and Bradley. That might be a good catch-all class choice to take. Are you giving birth at home or in hospital? I never did Bradley method, I just did a general sort of class that covered all the basics.

6. qpaulina42

I'm doing it in the hospital, but it's a very natural birth friendly hospital with a tub etc