Bragging about my other half thread...

Sarahdisco

Mummy to Jessica
Reaction score
Ok ladies, we've done a fair bit of OH bashing while we've been pregnant but I'd like to take this opportunity to say my OH is FANTASTIC.

I was in the bath last night and tried to shave my legs but my bump got in the way. Cue pathetic crying like a baby! OH walks into the bathroom, gives me a cuddle and then helps to shave my legs, my lady garden, washes, blow dries and straightens my hair for me and then rubs Bio Oil into my legs and bump.

He then went downstairs and made me a brew and a scone! All this after fixing my bathroom taps, doing tea, hoovering everywhere, sorting the cats tray and washing his car.

He may be a pain sometimes, but moments like that really remind me why I fell in love with him and why we are still together after 10 years.

xxx

Ah bless him, sounds like a keeper!

My OH is lovely, he only came into my boys and my life 3 years ago but took helping me raise my boys on the chin and just knuckled down, our little girl came along 18 months ago almost and he's a fantastic dad to her too, a complete natural!

He's a little slack on the housework but he does so much for us in other ways, he too helps me shave in the bath lol, washes me hair and back for me and makes sure I've always got something to eat.

He's completely selfless and cares more about everyone else than himself, so he always puts me and the kids before his own needs which is what I absolutely love about him, he's affectionate, kind and makes me so thankful to have found someone like him :)

Love him to pieces... Just wish he'd help tidy a little more at the moment as the bump is seriously getting in the way now!! haha x

Ah bless him, sounds like a keeper!

My OH is lovely, he only came into my boys and my life 3 years ago but took helping me raise my boys on the chin and just knuckled down, our little girl came along 18 months ago almost and he's a fantastic dad to her too, a complete natural!

He's a little slack on the housework but he does so much for us in other ways, he too helps me shave in the bath lol, washes me hair and back for me and makes sure I've always got something to eat.

He's completely selfless and cares more about everyone else than himself, so he always puts me and the kids before his own needs which is what I absolutely love about him, he's affectionate, kind and makes me so thankful to have found someone like him :)

Love him to pieces... Just wish he'd help tidy a little more at the moment as the bump is seriously getting in the way now!! haha x

Ha ha my OH is the male equivalent of Monica from friends! He drives me up the wall with his tidying sometimes!!! He said he cant wait for me to start nesting! Not that im a pig or anything, but he is a LOT tidier than me!

I love this! I started a similar thread when I was in first tri. I felt like everyone was bashing their OH's, yet not giving them enough credit for putting up with our crazy, hormonal selves!!

DH is a dream come true, he's been so supportive and wonderful, not just throughout this pregnancy but even when we were struggling ttc. He did SAs without one bit of whining, dealt with my intense mood swings from Clomid, and kept it together for us when I was too depressed or sad to function.

Then when we got pregnant he practically cared for both us for the first tri! I was sleeping pretty much 24/7. He didn't whine once about having to cook and clean more, all of this on top of working full-time and doing his master's program. What a man! Now he helps me get dressed, he painted my toenails for me, and is so gentle and sweet. He reads to our bump and loves giving her kisses and whispering to her at night before bed. Melts my heart.

Of course we argue and have our differences, but at the end of the day I am so beyond thankful to be with such a wonderful man :friends:

My DH is wonderful, he is always there to cheer me up when I'm crying over nothing. He pushes the pram all the time now because its to heavy with Alfie in for me to push and he gets up most of the night to sort him out when he is crying because I'm in to much pain to move.
He makes me have naps /lay ins because he wants me to try and rest as much as possible, he then tidies the whole house and watches the kids whilst I am asleep :)

I asked him today if he would help me wax my legs when I can afford some wax and he said yes :D

My fiance brought home White Castle cheeseburgers for me last night. He surprised me with two boxes. I only wanted one. He also got me a Rice Krispie bar. He brings home food that I am craving every night because he works at the grocery store. Last night, when he came home, he re-proposed to me. :) Last night, when I was in pain, he told me to stop trying to do things and just ask him if there was something he could do. He drew a picture of a cyborg lady for me (I asked him to). He calls me his muse. He is so good with his son and his son's brother. For my birthday last year, we had a picnic on a bridge with candlelight and Rice Krispie treats. He wasn't ashamed to pick out outfits for me at Goodwill, despite a guy questioning his manhood while he was doing it. He takes me out to eat all the time. He's made scrambled eggs for me. He got me a stuffed monkey. He's sang to me on my birthday. He's written me plenty of love notes. He's taken my computer at night and wrote surprise notepad files to me. :) He has taken care of me while I was sick. <3 There's a lot more I am sure I will come up with soon lol :) There's this belt I pointed out at Walmart and I said "I love that belt" and he freaked out and kept saying "I knew it". Turns out he had plans on getting it for me before and just thought I would like it!! We have a lot of moments like that. <3

Nice thread, I think I may have contributed to the first trimester one too! It makes me so sad when I read all the troubles some women have on here with their other halves, I am so so lucky with my lovely hubby.

Just this weekend, he's been decorating the entire downstairs so it's all bright and beautiful for the baby! Yes, I was kicked out into the garden a lot of the time to avoid the fumes but the weather was lovely. And he got me cupcakes and cooked me a lovely lasagne too. He even asked permission to have one cheeky beer as he's very aware he doesn't want to get drunk in case I go into labour. He did the nursery months ago, it looks gorgeous, and has been with me to buy all the bits and pieces we need well advance, no dragging his feet. He looks after me and is so excited about the baby.

I should also add a disclaimer: he's not a walk over by any means and we have very independent lives outside our marriage too. He goes on mountain biking holidays with his friends, I go away with my friends, we go out regularly with our own friends, and he tells me when I'm taking the mick and vice versa. We argue sometimes, we don't agree on everything and yeah, he can get on my nark sometimes. But in general, he's just fab and I know he's going to make an amazing father (just from the way he treats our little dog, I can tell!). Our little girl will definitely be a daddy's girl (a downhill mountain biking daddy's girl, probably!).

Aww, such sweet anecdotes on this thread! My DH has been great so far. He cleans the cat's litter box mostly without complaining, brings me tea on mornings when he has the day off, cleans the mess when I throw up... Last week we went on a Babymoon. I'm very nervous about flying, and he helped me get through it, watching me until he knew I was OK, then he fell asleep. He's a great guy, if not the most "romantic" in the sense people think of it. I know he'll be a stellar dad, too.

My OH is so wonderful. He runs to get my antacids for me whenever I need them (SO much heartburn...), he cuddles with me in the middle of the night when I can't fall back asleep, he encourages me to get enough rest all the time and doesn't care if I get almost nothing done at home if I'm tired, he makes me laugh all the time! And he's so appreciative when I do things for him. If I cook him a special supper, or make sure the house is tidy or he has a snack waiting when he's done work, he's so happy about it. We have so much fun together, and I am so excited to become parents with him. He's going to be the best dad and we're going to have so much fun figuring out this parenting thing together.

Brilliant thread!

My hubby is awesome :) He makes me laugh, he looks after me, he can't do housework to save his life but he tries (I have to rewash the pots after he's done lol)
He set up the nursery while I was visiting a family member.
He sat with me last night whilst I went though 3 bin bags of freebie clothes that had been given to us for baby. (he even pouted if I didn't show him a t-shirt or a jumper he liked the look of)
We've both been super ill so I've been the primary carer for both of us (damn man flu) but every now and then he's pulled a surprise out of the bag - whether it be a snack or a brew ect or just tickles and hugs with plenty of kisses :)
I love my hubby so so so much :)

Loving this thread. My OH is also a god send and don't know what I would do without him. We are both bus drivers and due to my pregnancy I haven been able to drive for a while so am doing office work. He works so hard all day and will still come home and do the housework cook the tea wait on me hand and foot. I have had extreme back pains to a point they have crippled me and yet he never moans or bats an eyelid he will sit for hours massage my back run me a bath the lot. He is a star just this weekend he spent hours on our little Beth's room for when she eventually arrives. I couldn't ask for a better man :)

Aw Sarah! Your OH is so thoughtful! How sweet is he!!! My oh has been pretty good recently, he hasn't left my side and we have been doing everything together <3

Aw Sarah! Your OH is so thoughtful! How sweet is he!!! My oh has been pretty good recently, he hasn't left my side and we have been doing everything together <3

I'm sure he's seen this thread - he's just texted me a picture of a new dress he's bought for me (he has Gok Wan style abilities when it comes to clothes shopping!) along with the words "how good a boyfriend am I, meant to be £20 - down to 7!"

He's such a sweetie, he does my head in sometimes - he turns into a right div when he's tired but he's really trying to be helpful at the minute.

I'm gobsmacked! That's amazing lol. I wouldn't dare let my oh buy me clothes lol.

He has better taste in clothes than me and has this uncanny ability to look at something on a hangar and know whether it suits me or not. I swear he was a girl in a former life!

My other half has been fantastic recently I even brought him beer the other day to show my appriciacan lol but hes helped clean around the house, lets me have lie ins and looks after our daughter, he even did some ironing last night as he could see I was strugglin! Hes been aamazing I love him to bits even if he does annoy me at times lol xx

The one thing me and my OH argue about is me trying to do too much because I don't want to ask him to do it for me, lol. He's been great about a lot of things and really takes a lot of the pressure off!
He bought me an electric recliner chair because I've been so uncomfortable recently (although I suspect he's excited to use it on a night when he plays on his xbox, lol), it arrived today, I'm sat in it right now and omg...it's better than chocolate. :haha:

My hubby has been absolutely amazing since day 1 wish I could have recorded the look on his face when I told him I was pregnant (he was so extremely proud) He is so happy to do anything I ask. He talks to the baby all the time and tells her how much he loves her and can't wait to meet her. He stares at me and says she going have your face and I won't be able to tell her no..lol. He's absolutely wonderful and is going to be an amazing dad.

I forgot to mention DH let me sleep until half past noon yesterday :thumbup: I don't know why I was so exhausted, but he spent the time doing things around the house and said that he came in and checked every so often to make sure "his girls" (we have 2 dogs, both are girls and we're having a baby girl) were all doing well. Melts my heart! :flower: He already takes such fantastic care of our little family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->