• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Braxton Hicks? Contractions? Baby movements?

LoneWanderer

Reaction score
38+5 - the end is nigh!

Today I am crazily uncomfortable. Mix of period cramps, tightening belly, backache, baby moving about like a mad thing (seriously, it's like Alien in there, this huge lump keeps emerging from one side, ewwww).

Really hard to tell if the contraction-like feelings are the real deal, but mild, or false ones, but painful. Equally hard to tell if baby moving is setting them off - or if they are causing baby to move. Some folk online say 'you'll definitely know the difference' - others say it's really hard to tell between the various cramps and pains at this point.

My friend who just delivered ignored two days of niggly period aches, ended up with a 'two-hour' intense labour that took her by surprise. Hoping to avoid the same, I want plenty of warning when this one decides to appear!

Kept OH off work today due to the constant discomfort, was so sure it would turn into something. However, evening is here, things have settled a bit, and so it looks like he'll be going back in tomorrow...

:rofl:

Last edited:
So close! Wishing you the best of luck!

From my last experience, I didn't realize my contractions were the real deal until I called my doctor and went into the hospital. My best advice is to time them (so many great apps available for this!) and also chart the strength of them if they get stronger or more painful and closer together. Also, another great way to check and see if they are for real is by changing positions. If you can move around and get comfortable in a different position, then it probably isn't the time quite yet. You'll know and I can promise that! :)

I yelled at my husband the whole way to the hospital for hitting pot holes on the ground because they would make the contractions worse. :rofl:

I was the same I didn't realise they were contractions on my first! But you will know if it is or not, maybe not straight away but contractions only get worse rather than stop after a few paracetamol:) good luck to you!

With my first I didn’t realise I was having real contractions. I remember messaging my sister and telling her i’D been having contractions all day but they weren’t strong so probably only false labour. She asked me how close together they were and when I timed them they were every 2 minutes. She told me I should probably go to the hospital. Luckily I did because baby was born 2 hours later! I was expecting much more intense pain so was surprised I was actually in labour!

Hello you
With my DS I did not know I was in labour.
I heard a pop one night and was looking around the room wondering what it was.
I then cud not stop peeing. And everytime I went to pee I noticed my panty liner was damp and had to keep changing it.
Contractions started about an hour after hearing the popping noise but were not regular.
They started out as 25 mins apart then 20 then 30 then 20 then 15 then 10 then 5 then 20 and so on.
Totally thought it was just Braxton hicks and still oblivious to the fact that every time I went to pee I needed to change my panty liner because it was damp.
Contractions got more painful but were still all over the place and then I had the bloody show.
I then realised my waters were leaking (hence the wet panty liners) haha.

Rang the hospital who said it does sound like ure waters may be leaking but ure contractions are a bit all over the place and not getting real close.

Gets up the hospital and I'm 4cm dilated and I active labour. Hahaha.
Then ths contractions started to come thick and fast.

What a twat I am tho not realising my waters were leaking. Like duhhhhh what else cud that of been hahaha:shrug::dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->